Recover deleted photos/videos DCIM folder?

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally deleted photos/videos that were in the dcim folder from my camera. I've searched numerous programs from google but they all seem to be bs. I don't have a rooted phone, but I was wondering if someone on here can give me legit advice and guidance on how I can recover these files. I believe the files were saved on the phone's internal memory and not the sd card. Someone please help.

I'd tried diskdigger and recuva in both mtp mode and usb mode with usb debug selected but both programs fail to recognize my device. What can i do? I don't have a rooted device does that matter?

Last edited:

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't show the drive for my phone as an option. I tried the usb debugging mode and without it but the program doesn't show the drive.
Is there any hope? I've tried over 5 programs, the only program that seems like it might work is wondershare dr phone for android but i need the cracked version to actually transfer the data. plus it takes close to 8 hours to find everything. if anyone could help with this i would be so grateful.

many of the programs i've tried require the phone to be "rooted." if i root the phone now will that make a difference or do i need to have rooted it prior to deleting?

Last edited:

rustyredhd

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you have any luck retrieving your photos? My son was messing around with my phone and deleted a years worth of photos and videos. I've tried several programs, same as the ones you listed and no luck. My 3S won't cannot be connected as a "drive" only connecting as a "device" so I can not access the deleted files when plugged into my computer. I read that as long as I don't take any further pictures that my photos are still on the device until written over. After reading your message I was hoping that perhaps you found a way to get your photos back.

Spandan Pratyush

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You can search your files using Asoftech Data Recovery or Photo Recovery but you will need to buy the software for $39.95 in order to recover it.
So, I would suggest you to use Recuva. Now, Recuva can't be used to extract deleted files form your SD card if you are connecting your Phone to PC. You need t remove the memory card and attach it to your computer using a card reader after which it is read as a drive on your computer. Use Recuva and search deleted files in that drive and you will get your files back.

Goncha Ozbay

May 25, 2015
Visit site
So what does this mean when you didn't have a sd card in your phone? I have a Samsungs galaxy 3s and when I turned my phone back on, my whole dcim folder wasn't there anymore. I didn't make any other pictures after this happened and barely use the phone. I heard that there is an app for cases like this, when there wasn't a sd card in it. I'm so desperate for help! Can anyone help me?