Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting A Venture

I just got this free, simple lil Android phone when I applied for the California Lifeline service through Telscape Communications (turns out Telscape is owned by Sprint Nextel and operates on their respective network).

Now, when I turn it on, the splash screen informs me that this phone is an Alcatel Onetouch. Ok. No biggies. However, I notice an abnormal squared blackout centered just above the screen and just below the speaker. I scratch it off and discover that this is an old Virgin Mobile that's obviously been refurbished for the recent Sprint Nextel "meglomaniacal small-fish-swallowing" Telscape.

That's not even the issue. Is it still possible to root this new/old Virgin Mobile Venture a554c with it's storied past & new carrier? Would the old root method located here...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-lg-pcd-venture/207597-pcd-venture-virgin-mobile-root-guide.html

...still work?