Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to close running apps in Gingerbread??

    You would think this is simple, but I've been looking all over the net and I can't find a thing on this specifically for Gingerbread so I am asking here. If I hold down the home button for a long press I can see all the apps that are open, but I can't see any way to close them! Is there a way or do I have to download a task manager/killer and do it that way?
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to close running apps in Gingerbread??

    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
    You would think this is simple, but I've been looking all over the net and I can't find a thing on this specifically for Gingerbread so I am asking here. If I hold down the home button for a long press I can see all the apps that are open, but I can't see any way to close them! Is there a way or do I have to download a task manager/killer and do it that way?
    Well, I would say why don't you try installing the some task manager that can do this for you instead of wondering around the forums how to do that, Try downloading the application Dubattery saver,360 Antivirus ... etc I am sure it can help you out in closing the application running over the back ground.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: How to close running apps in Gingerbread??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, I would say why don't you try installing the some task manager that can do this for you instead of wondering around the forums how to do that, Try downloading the application Dubattery saver,360 Antivirus ... etc I am sure it can help you out in closing the application running over the back ground.
    Good Point, lol, but since you can just close them all on Jelly Bean by swiping them away I though there would be a way to do it on Gingerbread also. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to look at Dubattery saver right now!!!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How to close running apps in Gingerbread??

    Are you sure you are on gingerbread? I don't remember holding down home to bring up apps until ice cream sandwich.

    To answer your question menu, settings, applications.

    There will be options for downloaded, running, and all. Select an app in downloaded or all and select force close to close it. I think the tab for running apps worked differently.

    Forgive me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I was on gingerbread.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How to close running apps in Gingerbread??

    Quote Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post
    Are you sure you are on gingerbread? I don't remember holding down home to bring up apps until ice cream sandwich.

    To answer your question menu, settings, applications.

    There will be options for downloaded, running, and all. Select an app in downloaded or all and select force close to close it. I think the tab for running apps worked differently.

    Forgive me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I was on gingerbread.
    Yep, it's 2.3.5 I'm using a Chinese HTC clone though, don't know if that changes things. I followed your instructions and it worked fine, takes a step or two more than with Jelly Bean, but nobody's perfect, lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Questions prior to warranty exchange
    By texasniteowl in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 11:39 PM
  2. game free - Jump and Run
    By Daniel Washington Ignacio in forum The Gamer's Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 01:32 AM
  3. How long does it take for the battery to settle in?
    By manni1to in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 08:01 AM
  4. about to go crazy!!!
    By brick58 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 11:48 PM
  5. Connect to WiFi
    By ventura726 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions