Samsung Fascinate OS upgrade

Len Griffin

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently obtained a Samsung Galaxy Fascinate phone and am using it on Tracfone. The OS is at 2.2.2, and I'd like to update it to 2.3. All the links to the ' official file ' from Verizon posted to Hotfile are dead. Can anyone help with an update for this device? From my research, the file was: SCH-I500_SCH-I500USFC27_US_XAR.rar. If anyone has the file, or advice on how to proceed, it will be appreciated! Len

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Hotfile links are dead because Hotfile shut down a while ago. Try either Sammobile or samsung updates .com for your file. Both locations take time to download.

You will then need to install them via a PC and a program called Odin. This method may wipe your device, so back everything up before starting.

Here is more info on Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

Len Griffin

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried Sammobile...the site is a farce! You have to register, but it will not let you without signing up for some sort of ' Google Ad Services '. I HATE GOOGLE!.
it is impossible to register with the Sammobile registration page without solving an ' AntiSpam ' puzzle, but in place of the puzzle is a Google signup link instead, which cannot be removed!

The Samsungupdate site only has 2.2.1 for download, not the gingerbread 2,3 I need. I need the Gingerbread update for the Fascinate...surely someone has it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That would be the same recommendations I would give you. Unfortunately the age of that device your faced an unhill climb to locate 2.3 Gingerbread or other related files. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app