Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Fascinate OS upgrade

I recently obtained a Samsung Galaxy Fascinate phone and am using it on Tracfone. The OS is at 2.2.2, and I'd like to update it to 2.3. All the links to the ' official file ' from Verizon posted to Hotfile are dead. Can anyone help with an update for this device? From my research, the file was: SCH-I500_SCH-I500USFC27_US_XAR.rar. If anyone has the file, or advice on how to proceed, it will be appreciated! Len

Global Posts
    30,943 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Samsung Fascinate OS upgrade

Welcome to the forums.
    Hotfile links are dead because Hotfile shut down a while ago. Try either Sammobile or samsung updates .com for your file. Both locations take time to download.

You will then need to install them via a PC and a program called Odin. This method may wipe your device, so back everything up before starting.

Here is more info on Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried Sammobile...the site is a farce! You have to register, but it will not let you without signing up for some sort of ' Google Ad Services '. I HATE GOOGLE!.
    it is impossible to register with the Sammobile registration page without solving an ' AntiSpam ' puzzle, but in place of the puzzle is a Google signup link instead, which cannot be removed!

The Samsungupdate site only has 2.2.1 for download, not the gingerbread 2,3 I need. I need the Gingerbread update for the Fascinate...surely someone has it.

That would be the same recommendations I would give you. Unfortunately the age of that device your faced an unhill climb to locate 2.3 Gingerbread or other related files.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Hey Len, any luck with this? I just got a Fascinate too and it needs updating.