Anyone still happy to stick with gingerbread?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I personally will try and stick with 2.3 as much as I possibly can (had very poor experiences with newer versions of Android (specifically ics and gelly bean) apps would stop responding and force close but I don't remember ever experiencing this on 2.3

Imo 2.3 is the most reliable from my personal experience. The number of apps that ain't compatible with 2.3 doesn't bother me...so im completely happy to stick to 2.3 until my phone turns to dust or my instant messenger becomes incompatible, its still compatible with 2.1 so that will still be some time before that happens. I also don't game so benchmarks are irrelevant for me.

So yeah, im happy and sticking with 2.3 how about you?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I could stay on GB. So much has opened up in later versions of Android, I wouldn't want to go back. Also, many of the apps I use are 4.0+

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, stalemate1. I'm on an old lg optimus v and have found that gb is the most stable and reliable, i've tried ics and jelly bean but, this phone just wasn't built to run anything higher than gb, as you said to many fc's and freezing up. Although, with the great devs on the optimus v forum they have found a way to run kit-kat (os2sd) on our phone, so far very smooth and stable! I think i'll wait until the bugs are ironed out and give it a go. ;)

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Android 2.3 is still highly functional but I wouldn't like going back to it.

I used to own a device called HTC Pico(Explorer) which launched with Android 2.3 but now is running Android 4.4, via Custom ROMs.

The Android 4.4 build I tried before I sold the device was extremely fast and had no crashes.

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My current phone (MyTouch 4g u8680) is running 2.3.6 and I really don't like it. Give me 4.0 or above and it's great :)

gigglegeeks

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I still use Gingerbread on my 2-year-old Moto Defy. It's rocking stable and serve me well as a phone, and sometimes for entertainment because I solely play casual game on mobile.

fcmatteo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't see a reason. When I had my Galaxy S2 I updated always I could and it always worked great. Even I think it worked better with each update.

Wastelands

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Me. I'm happy. This is a useful system. I develop games using this target device and has sure that if it meets performance of wide spectrum of handhelds....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084