Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    1,546 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Android 2.3 User Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Matts787 View Post
    I must say, I'm not a fan of gingerbread
    This is hard to respond to. What is it you don't like?

I just got 2.3.5 on my fascinate (Verizon) but can't root it for the life of me. Can anyone help? Thank you!

i think Android Froyo is still the best and easy to use OS, from developing point of view.

Hi Everyone, I am a new tablet user. Just rec'd in mail, I have the Superpad3/Flytouch Android 2.3. Is it necessary to root my tablet? I am having a problem connecting to the internet. Using RCN Cable internet with wireless router. I called the cable company and that got we connected but today the tablet will not connect to the internet. Thank you.

Sticky/Chris, new to the Android Rooting world. Any guidance and info would greatly be appreciated.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by slykozy View Post
    Sticky/Chris, new to the Android Rooting world. Any guidance and info would greatly be appreciated.
    Rooting allows apps that need root access to get it. (It's a Linux thing.) Most of the apps you'll be running won't need it, so it won't make any difference. But rooting is pretty simple - there are files (like rtto.zip and kms.zip) that will root your phone by running one batch file. (Read the readme first - you have to do a couple of things first.)

Hey all, I've had the sprint droid evo 4G for about 6 months now. Up until about 6 days ago, I had no idea that "rooting" it was a common practice. I purchased an app to improve performance of my phone, in the hopes of improving battery life and because why not? Anyway, I have tried to use the gingerbread program to update my droid, but.....I'm running version 2.3.5 HBOOT 2.18.001 and I have tried, with no success, to find a program to do it. I do not have enough expertise to solely just read and start pushing buttons, so my question is.....Is there a youtube video, or a video tutorial period, for this update, that can walk me through rooting my droid, so I can use the app that started me on this quest 6 days ago now! I'm getting frustrated, please help! I would be very grateful!! Thanks! Leo.....

i am new to android. and new to this forum too

WHY DOES GOOGLE HAVE ALL LINKS TO THE OLD GINGERBREAD 2.3 PDF manual down or distroyed. As a new user of this version I would appreciate not having miss leading links to down load some tool bar that no one wants or sign up for fourty different web sites trying to find the manual that has been out more than a year and most do not need it except us new 2.3.6 people trying to learn all the little unknows in the OEM manual that is very lacking on most cell phone!
    If you know of an open link that has not been distroyed please send me an email at
    Thanks in advance...........AL

Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo6973_2 View Post
    Hey all, I've had the sprint droid evo 4G for about 6 months now. Up until about 6 days ago, I had no idea that "rooting" it was a common practice. I purchased an app to improve performance of my phone, in the hopes of improving battery life and because why not? Anyway, I have tried to use the gingerbread program to update my droid, but.....I'm running version 2.3.5 HBOOT 2.18.001 and I have tried, with no success, to find a program to do it. I do not have enough expertise to solely just read and start pushing buttons, so my question is.....Is there a youtube video, or a video tutorial period, for this update, that can walk me through rooting my droid, so I can use the app that started me on this quest 6 days ago now! I'm getting frustrated, please help! I would be very grateful!! Thanks! Leo.....
    Yea! Please upload a video for manual tutorial. Please and Thank you!

I just upgraded my Infuse from Froyo to Gingerbread but I can't figure out how to customize my screens/apps now...is that even possible with this upgrade? :/ Is there a user guide for Gingerbread somewhere that I am missing out on?

Smile Re: Newby to Android ?

Quote Originally Posted by OPD View Post
    I just got a HTC Desire a few weeks ago, and am going to upgrade to the new 2.3 at a US Cellular dealer. I have to go to dealer as I am on a Mac and it does not support downloading to a Mac.

My question is: is there a app or something, so that when the new O/S is installed and everything is wiped out, can I get all the apps I have downloaded, and my contacts reinstalled without going back to the Market and finding all my old apps again?

Thanks for any input, and if anyone is using a Mac I sure would like to know how to sync my Apple contatcs etc to my Android.
    As you reqiured, I recommend you the all-in-one smartphone management tool--Moborobo. You will find it can sovle the above problems. You can download it from . Just try it! Hope what I said is helpful for you!
    Last edited by someone3974; 04-12-2012 at 03:12 AM.

that is it

Hi,

can anyone point me to a download link for the Gingerbread manual that still works?

All the links that I found lead to "Page not found" or similar.

Regards,

Jochen

Great News!

Thanks

Interesting guide

New to the android world.

Here is the Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread user manual straight from Google for whoever needs it. These manuals are an outstanding source of information in case your not very familiar with Android.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 11-19-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Sure doesn't look very much like a guide to me. Trying to get page count up?

Quote Originally Posted by wrambler View Post
    Just did the update on my mesmorize on Friday and have had no problems doing the download onto a windows 7 machine. You have to make 100% sure your antivirus and firewalls are OFF. The download will appear to work on the computer if they are on, but it is corrupted at some level. I tried 5 times on my computer at work that would not let me disable Norton. The laptop I have does and the update worked perfectly from it.

I took the SD card out and backed it up, charged the battery etc,

I did not lose one single item, ringtones everything carried over. I have better signal strength and longer battery life to boot.

But I really like the Jelly Bean very much.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com

What is all above??

when i turn my phone on it keeps going into this factory test thing help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast