Android 2.3 User Guide

cephas486

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Gingerbread update on my Droid 2, and saw the new feature of "three swappable icons" and the App launcher on the dock, but cannot figure out how to swap icons. I can find an "add" menu, but am I stuck with the three that are already there?
Next question - how can I create custom app groups from the app menu?
Thanks to all

wrambler

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just did the update on my mesmorize on Friday and have had no problems doing the download onto a windows 7 machine. You have to make 100% sure your antivirus and firewalls are OFF. The download will appear to work on the computer if they are on, but it is corrupted at some level. I tried 5 times on my computer at work that would not let me disable Norton. The laptop I have does and the update worked perfectly from it.

I took the SD card out and backed it up, charged the battery etc,

I did not lose one single item, ringtones everything carried over. I have better signal strength and longer battery life to boot. :)

Missymud

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I am a new tablet user. Just rec'd in mail, I have the Superpad3/Flytouch Android 2.3. Is it necessary to root my tablet? I am having a problem connecting to the internet. Using RCN Cable internet with wireless router. I called the cable company and that got we connected but today the tablet will not connect to the internet. Thank you.:confused:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sticky/Chris, new to the Android Rooting world. Any guidance and info would greatly be appreciated.
Rooting allows apps that need root access to get it. (It's a Linux thing.) Most of the apps you'll be running won't need it, so it won't make any difference. But rooting is pretty simple - there are files (like rtto.zip and kms.zip) that will root your phone by running one batch file. (Read the readme first - you have to do a couple of things first.)

Leo6973_2

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I've had the sprint droid evo 4G for about 6 months now. Up until about 6 days ago, I had no idea that "rooting" it was a common practice. I purchased an app to improve performance of my phone, in the hopes of improving battery life and because why not? Anyway, I have tried to use the gingerbread program to update my droid, but.....I'm running version 2.3.5 HBOOT 2.18.001 and I have tried, with no success, to find a program to do it. I do not have enough expertise to solely just read and start pushing buttons, so my question is.....Is there a youtube video, or a video tutorial period, for this update, that can walk me through rooting my droid, so I can use the app that started me on this quest 6 days ago now! I'm getting frustrated, please help! I would be very grateful!! Thanks! Leo.....

Tulie43

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
WHY DOES GOOGLE HAVE ALL LINKS TO THE OLD GINGERBREAD 2.3 PDF manual down or distroyed. As a new user of this version I would appreciate not having miss leading links to down load some tool bar that no one wants or sign up for fourty different web sites trying to find the manual that has been out more than a year and most do not need it except us new 2.3.6 people trying to learn all the little unknows in the OEM manual that is very lacking on most cell phone!
If you know of an open link that has not been distroyed please send me an email <email removed>
Thanks in advance...........AL:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

mariadm

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded my Infuse from Froyo to Gingerbread but I can't figure out how to customize my screens/apps now...is that even possible with this upgrade? :/ Is there a user guide for Gingerbread somewhere that I am missing out on?

Jochen K.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

can anyone point me to a download link for the Gingerbread manual that still works?

All the links that I found lead to "Page not found" or similar.

Regards,

Jochen

smithclarke3

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Here is the Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread user manual straight from Google for whoever needs it. These manuals are an outstanding source of information in case your not very familiar with Android.

Last edited by a moderator: