Global Posts
    10,324 Global Posts

Default Android 2.3 User Guide

Is now available via the Google Support pages:

randomid8 likes this.

Great News!

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

Was hoping for a short list of what's new...

So what's new in 2.3?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default 2.3 better power management?

New to the android world....will 2.3 increase the power management end of things? Will battery life be improved at all? Will changing skins on my HTC Desire be the same as the HTC Dezire Z?

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Could someone update post 1 with the significant improvements/features? thx

Whats up people just got an Evo, most amazing phone on the face of the earth, on this past monday and have seen an update on my phone which I havent installed yet. I have just herd about 2.3 Gingerbread but on my phone its says 3.30 not 2.3 which I would like to know what that is and what are the advantages of udating to this since most people are saying its under the hood changes.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Popcorn

What's new in Gingerbread? Doesn't appear to have a lot of flash. Maybe it'll make it run much better though

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Default My gingerbread experience

is awesome. I jsut barely made it thru the wallpapers menu. I got the cyanogen7 ver and its running beautifully. must go play now
    OPD

Default Newby to Android ?

I just got a HTC Desire a few weeks ago, and am going to upgrade to the new 2.3 at a US Cellular dealer. I have to go to dealer as I am on a Mac and it does not support downloading to a Mac.

My question is: is there a app or something, so that when the new O/S is installed and everything is wiped out, can I get all the apps I have downloaded, and my contacts reinstalled without going back to the Market and finding all my old apps again?

Thanks for any input, and if anyone is using a Mac I sure would like to know how to sync my Apple contatcs etc to my Android.

@OPD

You could root your phone, install Titanium Backup (there's a free version too) and then backup all your apps and app data and restore them from your SD card after upgrading to a new OS.
    Though I have no idea how your US Cellular dealer is gonna "Upgrade" you to 2.3 with it not being officially out unless he means installing a ROM on your phone.

Unhappy My Market Donation apk

Hello champs, i dont know is it legal to ask you all for an APK for my market donation.

as i am out of US i am unable to get some applications, so i need my market which was working fine with my nexus one android 2.2 but as i update it to android 2.3 my market is force closing and i am unable to download anything.

i am in kuwait with zain network and was using my market 1.5a but its no more free as i see on website and some places its my market donation 1.6 and 3.99 dollars so if anyone have got it can they please share

thanks in advance

recently had a software upgraded to froyo 2.2
    can i still try this method?

hm...thnx for the replies...
    but
    ive already rooted my phone before..
    using
    odin,DL09,CWM,EB01

so i an idea ..but recently i tried new things to my phone
    and it was rebooting repeatedly
    so i pulled my battery ,n back in again
    and i was pressing volume up&down n the power
    button n deleted few things i think
    i dont noe what though..so
    i using odin & DL09
    i was able to factory reset? my phone ..
    but i wasnt sure if i did it right or not..
    well when i reset the phone the new software upgrade popped up and i upgraded
    now
    firmware version 2.2.1
    baseband ver ED01

i want to root my phone to gingerbread 2.3 version
    all i need to know is
    do i need to add or do n e thing before that step?

thanks!

Thank you very much! I have Googled trying to find out just what I'm getting with Gingerbread on my Evo.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

nice.

Default Re: Android 2.3 User Guide

Bought an Epic 2-3 weeks ago, installed gingerbread 2.3.3, works pretty nice. Ran a bench test, scored 1256 while having 50 plus added apps. didn't really notice a huge appearance difference from froyo, but here are some i noticed. Battery icon in now a battery standing straight up, Wi-Fi icon is smaller and less visible(had a tough time getting used to seeing the signal strength look shady) The silent icon from the scroll down page is now a sound and vibrate icon(nice), thats it for now

atrix gingerbread update no contacts in deja office and now no phone icon??????? what up help????

Just got the Gingerbread update on my Droid 2, and saw the new feature of "three swappable icons" and the App launcher on the dock, but cannot figure out how to swap icons. I can find an "add" menu, but am I stuck with the three that are already there?
    Next question - how can I create custom app groups from the app menu?
    Thanks to all

Just did the update on my mesmorize on Friday and have had no problems doing the download onto a windows 7 machine. You have to make 100% sure your antivirus and firewalls are OFF. The download will appear to work on the computer if they are on, but it is corrupted at some level. I tried 5 times on my computer at work that would not let me disable Norton. The laptop I have does and the update worked perfectly from it.

I took the SD card out and backed it up, charged the battery etc,

I did not lose one single item, ringtones everything carried over. I have better signal strength and longer battery life to boot.

awesome!

I must say, I'm not a fan of gingerbread

I love it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast