Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

Default Gingerbread keyboard released, should be compatible with all rooted 2.2 devices.

If you're rooted and impatient to try out that nifty new Gingerbread keyboard, check this out: Download: Gingerbread Keyboard for Rooted Devices
    Last edited by TuxDotKing; 12-06-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Just in thought,would this be compatible with devices that were rooted via Z4root?
    When remembering that lost,forlorn thought becomes as easy as Swyping text from my phone---the world will have reached climax.

ROM
    Stock

Default Ahh

Scratch that question,just read that it isn't even able to operate on Eclair because the VoiceSearch isn't the version Gingerbread's keyboard runs.
    When remembering that lost,forlorn thought becomes as easy as Swyping text from my phone---the world will have reached climax.

ROM
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

*MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
    *Should work on ALL rooted 2.2 Android devices.
    *Droid X and 2 users, see note after instructions. (Some DX users are seeing miniature versions. Again, MAKE A BACKUP.)
    *Won’t work on 2.1. You need the newest Voice Search app from the market.
    *Auto-correct is not working properly.
    *Good idea to make a back up of your LatinIME.apk from your /system/app folder in case something goes wrong.
    *Note* – DX users, “In Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>mount system and then back to install .zip from sd card”.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

I am in love with this keyboard. Orange is my favorite color, it's like someone designed it for me!

I am sad that you can't do the slide down to hide the keyboard though.

Can't wait for 2.3 roms on the OG Droid.

Can you activate vibrate when pressed in the new keyboard?

I just found the answer to my own question. If I would have just remained patient and done a little searching, I would have found the settings without having to submit this reply. This is a valuable lesson to all you youngsters out there........Don't Ask For Help Unless It Is Absolutely Imperative; Do Your Own Homework And Research.......................

ROM
    Rooted - Liquid ICS v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by cyberweez View Post
    Can you activate vibrate when pressed in the new keyboard?
    Yes, it's in the settings. Go to settings > language and keyboard > Android Keyboard and you'll see where you can add vibrate and sound if you wish along with other settings.

ROM
    Rooted - Liquid ICS v1.5

Just added it to rooted DInc with Froyo...works great so far! Gonna take alil time getting use to other than the stock Sense keyboard, and I do like the preloaded smileys on the Sense keyboard but the GB keyboard seems to be an overall better virtual typing experience.

ROM
    CM 6.1/Invisiblek #18

Quote Originally Posted by dreedy01 View Post
    Just added it to rooted DInc with Froyo...works great so far! Gonna take alil time getting use to other than the stock Sense keyboard, and I do like the preloaded smileys on the Sense keyboard but the GB keyboard seems to be an overall better virtual typing experience.
    does the autocorrect work with the gingerbread keyboard for you?

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love it! I have it on my Vibrant, can't wait to try it on my Nexus.
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

1. How and what exactly do I back up?
    2. For DX users: Is the space bar still tiny and not as big as the Nexus S version?

Since I'm not rooted and might never will be - i'll just wait for the release of gingerbread.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

There is a non rooted file here

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...heme-blue.html

Having problems attaching links but it is in the Droid Incredible Roms/Hacks section here at Android Central.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Cool Gingerbread keyboard now available for all

The Gingerbread keyboard has now been ported over to all uses rooted or not. So you Android 2.1 users (sorry Galaxy S folks ) and Android 2.2 users can get the new keyboard. Follow the link to see the original post at Droid Life.

Download: Gingerbread Keyboard for ALL Devices - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Let's see how this baby favors. Thnxs

I installed this and selected gingerbread in keyboard settings but old qwerty is still activated...from Droid incredible. Help anyone?

Same here... Installed and still showing the same stock keyboard, and no option to select gingerbread keyboard either.

I had the option to select gingerbread which I did...there are a host of settings too but no luck in seeing the keyboard

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I have a DROID 1 and am getting a Parse error, I have Root and 2.2

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

I'm running a stock DInc with 2.2 and had no issues. I would say first, obviously, be sure to download the correct version (i.e. 2.1 or 2.2 keyboard). Once you install the .apk, Settings > Language & Keyboard and check the box next to Gingerbread Keyboard. After that, go to a text box, like in your messaging app, and long press, select input method and Gingerbread Keyboard. That should be all it takes.
    Thanked by 2:

It works fine on my Evo. Thanks

sent from my EVO using tapatalk pro.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Thanks for sharing the link.

Nice very good
    Captivate

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM