Gingerbread keyboard released, should be compatible with all rooted 2.2 devices.

Swliles89

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ahh

Scratch that question,just read that it isn't even able to operate on Eclair because the VoiceSearch isn't the version Gingerbread's keyboard runs.

banksj17

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
*MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
*Should work on ALL rooted 2.2 Android devices.
*Droid X and 2 users, see note after instructions. (Some DX users are seeing miniature versions. Again, MAKE A BACKUP.)
*Won’t work on 2.1. You need the newest Voice Search app from the market.
*Auto-correct is not working properly.
*Good idea to make a back up of your LatinIME.apk from your /system/app folder in case something goes wrong.
*Note* – DX users, “In Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>mount system and then back to install .zip from sd card”.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am in love with this keyboard. Orange is my favorite color, it's like someone designed it for me!

I am sad that you can't do the slide down to hide the keyboard though.

Can't wait for 2.3 roms on the OG Droid.

cyberweez

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just found the answer to my own question. If I would have just remained patient and done a little searching, I would have found the settings without having to submit this reply. This is a valuable lesson to all you youngsters out there........Don't Ask For Help Unless It Is Absolutely Imperative; Do Your Own Homework And Research.......................

dreedy01

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Just added it to rooted DInc with Froyo...works great so far! Gonna take alil time getting use to other than the stock Sense keyboard, and I do like the preloaded smileys on the Sense keyboard but the GB keyboard seems to be an overall better virtual typing experience.

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just added it to rooted DInc with Froyo...works great so far! Gonna take alil time getting use to other than the stock Sense keyboard, and I do like the preloaded smileys on the Sense keyboard but the GB keyboard seems to be an overall better virtual typing experience.

does the autocorrect work with the gingerbread keyboard for you?

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

ccmandel

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I installed this and selected gingerbread in keyboard settings but old qwerty is still activated...from Droid incredible. Help anyone?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here... Installed and still showing the same stock keyboard, and no option to select gingerbread keyboard either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol