View Poll Results: What will be the second phone to get Gingerbread?

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • T-Mobile G2

53 12.71%
  • Droid X

65 15.59%
  • Evo 4G

168 40.29%
  • Droid 2

14 3.36%
  • myTouch 4G

18 4.32%
  • Verizon Fascinate

11 2.64%
  • Epic 4G

16 3.84%
  • Droid Incredible

44 10.55%
  • Motorola Cliq (hahahaha )

2 0.48%
  • Other (Put in comments)

26 6.24%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Would love to know who voted for the Fascinate. Samsung had a hard enough time getting 2.2 out and most still don't have it. 2.3 for the Galaxy S line is a long shot at best.

The pattern with Verizon seems to be that phones already out there don't get the new OS until it is almost stale (i.e. Blackberry OS 6 and their top BB, the 9650 Tour which still does not have the new OS). I don't know anything about the Fascinate, but my guess is that it will get Gingerbread before any of the other Verizon Droids do. They use the new OSs as a sales tool to attract people to come over or to upgrade. It is cynical and disrespectful to customers who are already committed.

Based on history, not my fascinate........sniffle sniffle

Actually the Motorola Droids seem to get the updates on Verizon. Droid X got 2.2 back in Sept, while us Galaxy S users here in the states are still waiting for it, 5 months later. I would be very surprised if the Fascinate or any other Galaxy S phone gets 2.3. Not Verizon's fault but samsung.
    And don't base Verizon's BB history with anything that has to do with Android. BB is a dyeing platform and Verizon knows it, that's why its been put on the back burner.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

I think EVO. I wish it would be my DInc but VZW likes to test for a long time.
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies - Mixer Theme
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

EVO, even though I'm a Dinc user. Once the EVO gets it, the DInc will basically have it, because of the vast similarities.

The ones I feels sorry for, though, are the (U.S.) Samsung customers. Sorry you guys are getting burned...

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

really surprised so many have voted the Evo.. I think it'll be the first sense ui phone to get it but the G2 will totally get it after the N1 because it's vanilla. I'm thinking the Droid will be next after the G2.. that is if Moto is even going to bother. :/ that's my 2p

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    really surprised so many have voted the Evo.. I think it'll be the first sense ui phone to get it but the G2 will totally get it after the N1 because it's vanilla. I'm thinking the Droid will be next after the G2.. that is if Moto is even going to bother. :/ that's my 2p
    Jerry posted something earlier about the wifi calling app crapping out on Gingerbread, so the G2 might take awhile. And I doubt the Droid gets Gingerbread, although I'm sure it could handle it.
    VCL

Being a Nexus One owner I would gamble the G2 only because it is the closest to pure Android out there. Hopefully the MyTouch 4G because I bought one, if not, I will root it and cyanogen here I come.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

I think it will be in this order: G2, Evo, Droid Incredible. Droid 2 would be not to far behind.

HTC seems to be fairly quick with their updates (compared to other manufacturers at least).
    Droid Incredible since June 2010
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I don't think it will be the evo sense would need to be rewritten to lay over gb. And most of the behind the scenes changes in the g2 are in the evo. Motorola will probably take awhile especially getting it past VZW testing. So g2 is my guess
    Rooted for life

I think it will be the EVO. HTC and Sprint have proven to be on top of the game.

Sent from my Zoned out EVO using Tapatalk!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

HTC Desire of course. Is exactly the same thing as nexus one. So HTC has just to change some lines in the code for some hardware differences and put HTC sense and voila!. Desire will be the first of course.

Droid X wont get it until May probably. Good way for Motorizon to show that they want timely updates. Some people call it "Testing" I call it bloatware.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

To the 7 people who voted for the US SGS phones: Are you nuts? Samsung can't even get their act together to give these phones Froyo...
    Thanked by:

I think it will be EVO but it's gonna be awhile. They are having problems with GB wifi calling and etc. so they aren't going to be rolling it out en-mass until it get's fixed. Also, Sammy and Sprint seem to be having a hell of a time getting FROYO on the Epic/SGS line of phones and they aren't going to release GB to the EVO till the Epic gets FROYO. Rolling out GB to the EVO first would be a huge slap in the face to all the Epic owners.

Default Lg p500

We hope LG Optimus One.

Quote Originally Posted by LastOstrogoth View Post
    I don't know anything about the Fascinate, but my guess is that it will get Gingerbread before any of the other Verizon Droids do.
    The Droid phones have had Froyo for months. The Fascinate still doesn't have it. Verizon updates the Droid line before the others.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,494 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

I voted the EVO only because, in my opinion, it's Sprint's heavy hitter.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

galaxy s already has it by custom rom...
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

It def wont be a verizon phone.
    VZW may announce it as soon but thats it usually pushed back 3-4 months
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

ROM
    2.3.3 Gingerbread

the real question is when will the n1 officially get gingerbread???
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense-o-Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    the real question is when will the n1 officially get gingerbread???
    Ugh not soon enough! I've been waiting for the update for so long now.

hoping it's the evo..
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast