Who will get Gingerbread after the Nexus One?

What will be the second phone to get Gingerbread?

• Total voters

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So what US phone do you guys think will get Gingerbread after the Nexus One gets it? Everyone is getting excited for the OTA for the Nexus One (including myself, a fellow Nexus One owner :)) but I'm starting to get interested about which phone will get Gingerbread AFTER the Nexus One. I have my thoughts, I want to hear yours. ;)

Reactions: ScotterMonkey

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thinking the G2 for the fact that it doesnt have a custom UI on top of android making it easier to push out to the G2

doesnt that make sense?

G2 is not authentic stock android. It has a bunch of htc stuff behind the scenes. So in reality its just hackish android thrown together by HTC.

I'd vote evo, sprint had the whole first campaign going, and htc is capable of putting it on the evo first. Just look at who got 2.2 after the n1

Last edited:

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I would also vote the for the evo to have it next. Sprints went out of there way to get its updates out first. Not that it will matter to the masses who will complain that they don't see a difference lol.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My vote go for the HTC EVO. Sprint knows how popular the phone is, so they want to satisfy their customers.

Note; Remember that the updates has to be approve by the carriers first - and Sprint Move Fast. :)

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The Evo. it was said that Sprint and HTC wanted 2.3 on the Evo before Christmas but the N1 didn't get yet so we have to wait for it to get the update

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see 2.3 on Epic, that won't happen for a LOOOOONG time, haha. I just wish Sprint would go, "Hey Samsung, just screw Froyo, they've waited too long. Put Gingerbread on the Epic. Thanks."

Reactions: dallas90733

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Voting for the DInc for my own selfish reasons! ;)

Don't think it will happen but I've got to remain true to the team.

In reality - I would bet either the G2 or EVO

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Evo. They (HTC and Sprint) want it the most.

After seeing all the problems with T-Mo's WiFi calling and Gingerbread, the MT4G and G2 will be getting it awfully late I think. It needs a complete re-write. Of course T-Mo and HTC could decide to release it without WiFi calling, and piss off every single T-Mobile subscriber :p

chroniclogic

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sony Erricson Xperia X-10

I have seen pages that show steps to equip the X10's with a dual boot of 2.3, Im happy I got 2.1 instead of 1.6, so , why should I try 2.3? :p

Does WiFi tethering work in 2.3?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What 'HTC' stuff is behind the scenes of the G2

framework stuff, and other things that the average person wouldn't see.
If you want to take a look, download a G2 ruu, or a stock Rom for the g2. Rip it open and anything that says HTC, isn't stock Android.

You wouldnt find HTC stuff in the N1 for instance.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
My Aria is going to get Gingerbread before all those phones. Gotta love Cyanogenmod. :)

Seriously though, Evo was first to Froyo, it will be first to Gingerbread.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
LOL Honeycomb will probably come before anyone else gets Gingerbread! :D I wonder when we'll see it though on the nexus one. Dec 20th was the last statement from @googlenexus