Google Talk from 2.3.4...ABLE TO FLASH NOW!!!!

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Why Wait For Google Talk Video Chat? Flash The New Gtalk App NOW [Video]

Just saw this on PHANDROID

I’m sure you’ve no doubt heard that Google was nice enough to finally release an update to Gingerbread that gives Nexus S users the ability to video-chat using the native Google Talk app. Pretty sweet of them. Even if only 4 percent of people in the world are actually running Android 2.3 Gingerbread on their phone’s and even less actually own the Nexus S.
So what about the rest of us? Well, you could either be a sad panda and wait around for – oh say, 4 more months for your carrier to push out the Android 2.3.4 OTA. Or you can take matters into your own hands and flash a handy zip file that installs the all new and improved GTalk app with video chat onto your phone.
There is a catch however. One, you need to be rooted. Two, you need to already be running a Gingerbread ROM (doesn’t matter which version). If you’re one of those lucky people then watch this video to see exactly what this Google video chatting business is all about. Or, if you hate looking at my face (like I do), you can always just follow the steps below:

Backup your ROM
Download zip file -->> http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=582323&d=1304121975
Place zip file onto the root of your sd card (not inside any folders)
Use ROM Manager to flash the zip or boot into recovery manually and flash the zip
Enjoy =)

Reactions: Chrisy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae