Evo no gingerbread yet
06-05-2011 08:09 PM
- Hey there guys /gals. My question is this.I did search the forums before posting.My HTC EVO has not gotten to update yet.I check through settings and do a manual check for firmware and HTC update.The HTC manual update says i have the latest update. I rebooted my phone and nothing.I'm rooted using unrevoked.Using myns warm 2.2 (rls 5) software number 3.70.651.1 baseband version is 2.15.00.11.19. Anyone else having this problem.
Thanks is advance.06-05-2011 02:33 PM
- If you are rooted then don't do the OTA. Get the rooted version of the ROM and flash that. You can also flash the radios that are included with the update.
Link for Rom: [ROM][STOCK] --- Version 4.22.651.2 --- odexed & deodexed --- - xda-developers
Link for Radios: [ Radios ][ 6-3 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers
Make sure you have a full battery before doing this. It does suck the battery.
Use Titanium Backup to save your apps and data. NOT system apps. Saving them and restoring can cause a bootloop.
If you are unsure how to flash the Rom then check out the link in my signature. I don't have a video for radios but its the same principle. You can wipe JUST the cache and dalvik cache. The radios usually take about 5-7 minutes. NEVER pull a battery when updating a radio. Its a guarantee way to brick your phone. Also, your phone will reboot twice. Its not automatic, so when you see formatting cache but you have option select reboot let it do its thing and it will come back to the recovery and reboot again.
With the links and knowledge go flash that update and have some fun with the update.06-05-2011 03:46 PMLike 1
- Download the combo pak from the link and put it on your sd card. Go into recovery and wipe your cache & dalvik cache. Flash radio. Give it a few and the menu will pop back up and reboot. Now it is installing so give it about 7 minutes or wait for the menu to pop. Reboot and all done. Don't panic if you think its taking too long and never pull the battery either when updating the radios.06-05-2011 07:32 PMLike 1
- Kernel did change and it comes with the rom. No worries there. Radios are updated for towers and same for wimax. You might not even notice anything different. Some claim to see updated speeds with 3G and same with 4G. I haven't really notice anything.
Anytime. Glad I could help06-05-2011 08:09 PM
- Android OS Discussion & Help
- Legacy Android & Other OS's
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Evo no gingerbread yet
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD