Correct me if I'm wrong

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
But, honeycomb actually looks very good visually compared to ios and windows 8. Before Google acquired plam's old designer, android really didn't have much visual appeal. I mean as much as an android fan as I am, I have to admit that android does not look as good as ios or windows phone 7. But hopefully, based on what hoenycomb is like, ICS will look very good. Below, I have the lockscreens of honeycomb, ios, and windows 8. Which one do you guys think is the best looking tablet OS?
Edit: woops, sorry for the size difference. Didn't know the ios picture was so much bigger than the other two. Sorry.:)
457bbe23-9357-7d5c.jpg

457bbe23-9367-2006.jpg

457bbe23-9373-8f68.jpg

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Come on, no one can comment?

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

Last edited:

jmberling

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have had great luck with my Xoom. In my opinion, it all depends on the way that you have everything set up. With Android you can change the look completely. You can make everything HD and much more fluid then the stock look.

With iOS you are stuck with what they give you if you are running stock, so they need to make sure that they are giving you the best picture possible. Apple has always been the best when it comes to the graphics aspect of things, but that is what they are primarily used for (at least from a business perspective).

Windows is good. Windows has become a well rounded operating system that is great with processing numbers, and has become much better with graphics.

I would have to say that the Android system is still my favorite. Apple is great but has little freedom; Windows is great but I don't see them taking off in the mobile and tablet business like Apple or Android. Android has good, not great, graphics and the freedom and functionality that I need for work and personal life.

GREAT QUESTION!!

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had great luck with my Xoom. In my opinion, it all depends on the way that you have everything set up. With Android you can change the look completely. You can make everything HD and much more fluid then the stock look.

With iOS you are stuck with what they give you if you are running stock, so they need to make sure that they are giving you the best picture possible. Apple has always been the best when it comes to the graphics aspect of things, but that is what they are primarily used for (at least from a business perspective).

Windows is good. Windows has become a well rounded operating system that is great with processing numbers, and has become much better with graphics.

I would have to say that the Android system is still my favorite. Apple is great but has little freedom; Windows is great but I don't see them taking off in the mobile and tablet business like Apple or Android. Android has good, not great, graphics and the freedom and functionality that I need for work and personal life.

GREAT QUESTION!!

Thanks for answering my question. This thread has been up for along time and u are the first person to have a reasonable answer.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Also, you are not giving a fair comparison shot. You should use same "picture" on all systems, to compare readability, clarity, and crispness. From your pictures, I like the "middle" one (on phone so it is hard to tell...)because the "scene" appeals most to me!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I took these lockscreen images from Google images. Its hard to.find the same wallpaper on each.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I do really like the look of Honeycomb and wish I had it on one of my tablets but sadly they're both stuck on GB (without any stable HC ROMs available) :( Like jmberling said, the customization of Android is very appealing to me. I like being able to make my tablets look different than someone else with the same tab.

The iOS lockscreen loons kind of generic to me. A plain black slider on the bottom and a black bar up top with date/time? Pretty boring in my opinion.

The Win8 lockscreen confuses me to be honest. How do you unlock it? LOL