Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS Message Disappeared - Need help BADLY

My wife has some kind of Android device, it is an LG I think. I have no idea what model or version of Android.

She thinks that I got into her phone and deleted one or more text messages. The fact is that I never touched her phone, in fact I didn't so much as breathe on it. (It's a long story; we don't live in the same house.)

She is hyper hyper mad. I have no idea what happened because I know almost nothing about Android and I never even saw her phone.

Are there things that could have happened to make her think the message disappeared when it didn't? Or things that could have caused it to disappear?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Global Posts
    17,354 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: SMS Message Disappeared - Need help BADLY

Quote Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
    My wife has some kind of Android device, it is an LG I think. I have no idea what model or version of Android.

She thinks that I got into her phone and deleted one or more text messages. The fact is that I never touched her phone, in fact I didn't so much as breathe on it. (It's a long story; we don't live in the same house.)

She is hyper hyper mad. I have no idea what happened because I know almost nothing about Android and I never even saw her phone.

Are there things that could have happened to make her think the message disappeared when it didn't? Or things that could have caused it to disappear?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums!
    It's possible the OS could have deleted some. There is a stock setting that limits to a couple hundred texts. I think you can change it to keep all, but I am really inclined to say no. So if the texts are older and she texts alot, then they probably self deleted.

Sorry it took so long in getting to you. I don't normally look at this forum.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here