Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lost phone

So I lost my HTC one S and reported it lost. And got a new galaxy s3. But I didn't sign up for dropbox on my HTC. I really need those pictures. Is there anyway I can locate my lost HTC with it's serial #? or any other way? It still has it's old micro sim card in it.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: lost phone

Quote Originally Posted by boo_12345 View Post
    So I lost my HTC one S and reported it lost. And got a new galaxy s3. But I didn't sign up for dropbox on my HTC. I really need those pictures. Is there anyway I can locate my lost HTC with it's serial #? or any other way? It still has it's old micro sim card in it.

There's no way to remotely retrieve the photos without access to the device. You can try and locate it by using the Android Device Manager: Android Device Manager coming this month; locate and protect your lost Android phone | Android Central

Login and see what comes up, hopefully you get a lead as to where it is. Be sure to report it to the the local Police Department and don't try and confront the person(s) on your own - safety first!
    Thanked by:
    boo_12345 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wait, so will this new device manager thing help me find my HTC even tho it's not activated on my T-Mobile account anymore? Like even if I don't use the phone since I replaced it with the galaxy?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wait, so will this new device manager thing help me find my HTC even tho it's not activated on my T-Mobile account anymore? Like even if I don't use the phone since I replaced it with the galaxy?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    There's no way to remotely retrieve the photos without access to the device. You can try and locate it by using the Android Device Manager: Android Device Manager coming this month; locate and protect your lost Android phone | Android Central

Login and see what comes up, hopefully you get a lead as to where it is. Be sure to report it to the the local Police Department and don't try and confront the person(s) on your own - safety first!

Global Posts
    20,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by boo_12345 View Post

Welcome to the forums!
    It should. It can locate my S2 that isn't active on Sprint. The phone has to be on, though.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Me too.

you have no way.

Maybe you can call him, and let him send your the pictures