ICS is ugly. There I said it.

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
ICS - U-G-L-Y, you aint got no alabi, you UGLY!

I don't get why everyone is raving about Android's new look. I don't like the blue icons. The disproportionate app drawer icon is especially ugly. The whole thing just looks unfinished. I was really hoping for a graphics upgrade, but this is the wrong direction. GB was much better asthetically imho.

I got a nexus because I saw potential for android after gb and after matias duarte got on board, and wanted to be one of the first to try out ics.

Now, I wish I had bought an evo3d. ill prob stay on MIUI and use my webos theme for now.

just disapointing. I miss webos.

cortezproductions

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
You are definately entitled to your own opinion but I believe in first trying it out and then making a judgement. Just a thought ... it's not a full release till november remember

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't get why everyone is raving about Android's new look. I don't like the blue icons. The disproportionate app drawer icon is especially ugly. The whole thing just looks unfinished. I was really hoping for a graphics upgrade, but this is the wrong direction. GB was much better asthetically imho.

I got a nexus because I saw potential for android after gb and after matias duarte got on board, and wanted to be one of the first to try out ics.

Now, I wish I had bought an evo3d. ill prob stay on MIUI and use my webos theme for now.

You're on your own there bruh

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am also a former WebOS nut, but I disagree.

I have played with ICS on a Nexus S and it is phenomenal. It looks much more polished than GB. FWIW, I never liked the green/orange motif. The fonts seem nicer as well.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the UI, but I agree, it is ugly down below. Just my opinion. That said, still should be a fun OS, and face recognition? Get back.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

A lot of people are raving because they have a different opinion from yours.

That's the best thing about it, by the way. If you don't like the theme, you can stick with your webOS one.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people are raving because they have a different opinion from yours.

That's the best thing about it, by the way. If you don't like the theme, you can stick with your webOS one.

Oh, we will be able to custom theme it for sure?

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, we will be able to custom theme it for sure?

This is Android, so there will be a way. If you're asking for Google's blessing, or something from them making it easier, I can't really say. But this is Android, so obviously somebody will come up with a way.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have never used a Google phone but things that it has , I have on my E4GT with TWZ4. With that said, there are things i saw that i want, no shutter lag, the swiping to close ( loved that about webos.) I can't wait for it. This is worth rooting my phone for. imo B4 the official release. :)

bclapper

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I respectfully disagree. I bought a Nexus S because I wanted a pure Android 2.3 experience back in December. Now - 10 months later - I feel like I'm about to get a brand new phone. ICS is going to be a major upgrade for the Android OS, and I can't wait to use it.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well you are entitled to your opinion and as others have pointed out you will have the option to put a theme on it. Personally I like it and will most likely stay vanilla unless a new launcher offers additional functionality

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

I agree completely. I like the new functionality it provides, but as far as aesthetics go, it's totally ugly - from the hideous blue color used throughout to the basic lines/outlines style of the UI, it's really not a pleasing look. Can't say I find the new Roboto typeface all that attractive either. Hopefully it comes across better in actual use, but it's not at all what I was expecting. Hate to say it, but to me, I think there's even MORE reason for manufacturers to skin the UI now.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with OP too. The interface looks unorganized. Hopefully they polish it up before official release. Although I like the cyan blue color. HTC Sense is better IMO.

Sent from my Incredible 2