Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS Gaming

How will gaming work on ICS? Will ps3 be integrated at all? Will we ever see games like call of duty available now since you can use a controller? Thanks!

Wow, I hope so.

GameStop just started selling tablets btw. They are selling an Android gamepad as well. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/merchincl...thebigcont.jpg

That, and USB controller support on ICS. Good signs!

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS Gaming

Does ICS have GPU acceleration?
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

ICS supports 2D GPU acceleration. We're awhile off before mobile devices support console-quality graphics. Portable-quality graphics are within reach.

Keep in mind that handsets are limited in power, heat, and pricing where consoles aren't.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

So with GPU acceleration will the nexus s be able to handle better quality games?

I'm fine with portable quality graphics as long as we start to see more developer support. I can understand why most companies aren't rushing to develop games for a market that typically pays 3-5 dollars a title. Particularly Activision.

I get kinda giddy at the prices we get on mobile.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Yes they are awesome right now. but when they do start making better quality games will ICS help on the Nexus s 4g? or should I go with the Epic 4g touch if I am looking for a more future proof phone?

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Epic 4g touch is your best bet. The hardware is slightly better than that of the Nexus.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I'd search gaming on the Epic Touch and the S2 for that matter. A good chunk of the games force close on them after playing for a bit. It's a known problem that Sammy isn't acknowledging.

I still love the phone and recommend it, but it's a real pain when it comes to gaming.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

Tegra 3 is said to have Xbox 360 graphics and is 2 to 3 months away

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk