1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can GB be updated to ICS?

I'm getting ready to buy my first smartphone. I like the Razr's style and Gorilla Glass. The one deal breaker is the 2 sec. shutter lag (dogs don't sit still) and non removable battery. Is the shutter lag a hardware or software thing? Also, if I buy the Razr now, will I be able to upgrade to ICS in the future?

Default Re: Can GB be updated to ICS?

Then get a nexus. At least your guaranteed at least one upgrade before your hardware becomes obsolete.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

So far I don't like ICS on my Nexus. I liked gingerbread better on my charge.

They've officially said they're going to update the Razr, but no counting on how and when. So the answer is "almost certainly yes," but you might be waiting a long time and no guarantees on quality.

Well some clever graphics take Razor's GB very close to Ice Cream Sandwitch but the fact is you have to wait for it. All you can do right now is trust motrolla guys or go for some other gadget. The process in a razor phone is strong enough to support any OS like Ice Cream Sandwitch.
    Informative Discussions about Internet Phone and other Communication Technologies

Google said that any GB phone should be able to run ICS, and Motorola has said that they will update the RAZR, but it may take some time.

The camera is much faster if you turn off auto focus.
    also there is an app called fast burst camera. May be others that take faster pictures.
    Phones: Galaxy S3 [X2]
    Tablets: ipad mini+ slate7