1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS and Built-in Car Bluetooth

Hi All,

Just got the new Nexus today. Got a new car with in-car bluetooth last week (Nissan system).

Worked great with my OG Droid - voice dialing, contacts, etc. No issues.

Added the new phone today - not nearly as smooth. First time didn't send ANY contacts. Deleted both phones from the car, "rebooted" both car and phone ... got some contacts but not all, and the "voice recognition" is terrible.

When I'm pairing the cat BT and the phone, I'm not seeing any notification on the phone that the address book/contacts are being accessed. This used to show on my OG Droid. I'm thinking the issue lies somewhere in there, that the Droid isn't letting the car see or use the entire phone book ... but I can't find anything in the settings to let that happen.

Anyone have similar experiences or tips/suggestions/advice?

Thanks a lot!

JD
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: ICS and Built-in Car Bluetooth

Hi All,

Just an update -

I tried erasing the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Was able to do that. Repaired the phone. This time I **DID** get the "car wants to access your phonebook" message. I allowed it, and said "always allow."

Encouraging - but results are the same. LOTS of my contacts aren't in the car and thus when I try to voice search for them using the car it doesn't work ...

I've gotta think something on the phone is blocking the car from accessing the entire phone book (contact list). Any thoughts?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Anyone have similar issues? Think this is a G-Nex issue or an ICS? issue?

I was in the process of installing BT communication to my telescope I saw working on V3, but can't seem to get the ICS version to see the BT. Works fine on my Droid X. WHAS UP ICS!

I'll bet that some contacts are saved to phone and others are saved to gmail or backup assistant. Make sure they are all saved to the same place of the ones that are showing up.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by sbenson1189 View Post
    I'll bet that some contacts are saved to phone and others are saved to gmail or backup assistant. Make sure they are all saved to the same place of the ones that are showing up.
    You very well could be right. But in this case, how does one go about moving all the contacts to one place - say to the phone?

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

The Nissan system with vehicles '09 or earlier only allowed up to 40-ish contacts in the car phonebook. '10's and later can get full access. you can get an update at Nissan if your vehicle is '09 or older though.

Unsure if this is the case for all Nissans though. I have a 2009 GTR which only stored up to 40 contacts until I had it updated. I also have a 2010 370z that would take the whole contact list (220ish contacts). This was a popular issue on the GTR forums for 2009 cars.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted JB JRO03C

I just upgraded my Galaxy S II on T-Mobile to ICS yesturday and previously with Gingerbread, I would pair my GS2 with my Alpine CDE-135BT headunit which supports Pandora control from the deck and also handsfree calling. It worked flawlessly. Now, with ICS I am no longer able to use Pandora via the Alpine controls, but I can still use audio via BT audio input. I was not able to import my address book, or any use any calling features. The phone shows it connected with phone audio and media audio profile. I was wondering if anyone had found a solution? Not necessarily specific to my problem, but the bluetooth conectivity issue.

I've removed both devices from each other and repaired, done battery pulls, but not a factory reset after OS upgrade.