Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry how do i remove ICS???

    Just downloaded ICS on my Nexus S for t-mobile. I F*ING HATE IT!!!! how do I downgrade back to my perfect 2.3.6 software. With ICS I can't get into the web pages that I need for work. I may have to get a new phone now. Thanks a lot Google now I'm totally boned!!!
  2. #2  

    Default

    I would do a factory reset. That should restore the phone for you.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  3. #3  
    NerdyNugget's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I would do a factory reset. That should restore the phone for you.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    Factory reseting will not work, when you update a device through OTA it rewrites the recovery, the only way to downgrade to your phone is to unlock the bootloader and flash it through ODIN
    Eight Bit likes this.
  4. #4  
    KB3MMX's Avatar

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    I feel ya, I'm not enjoying ICS on my nexus....and also the lack of swype.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    I feel ya, I'm not enjoying ICS on my nexus....and also the lack of swype.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    not wrong its im so over it its ed my nexus s and want to roll it back also
  7. #7  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    1. You need to unlock your bootloader.
    2. You need to root your phone.
    3. You need to flash a custom recovery that allows ROM downgrades (clockworkmod)
    4. For Nexus S. find the appropriate FULL ROM on XDA Developers (create an account, contribute, best android resource)
    5. Using clockworkmod recovery, flash the appropriate FULL GB 2.3.6 ROM.
    6. You are back to stock.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    Use CWM to flash 2.3.6 on to it.
  9. #9  
    PetuniaCarlyle's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    117 Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.2

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    Quote Originally Posted by NerdyNugget View Post
    Factory reseting will not work, when you update a device through OTA it rewrites the recovery, the only way to downgrade to your phone is to unlock the bootloader and flash it through ODIN
    This.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    I need to remove ICS as well, it's a step backwards, having trouble finding KE7 firmware link that works, any help would be appreciated. I shouldn't work on cars & phones esp if they're working okay
  11. #11  

    Default

    Learn how to use it.
    grunt0300 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    I'm pretty shocked i've never seen anyone say ICS is backwards, ICS brings Android past iOS finally. Give it a chance.

    Also Swype beta works fine with ICS, I have Swype on my Galaxy Nexus.
  13. #13  

    Default

    ICS has rendered my RAZR a POS! This is a major step backwards as one of the previous posts stated. The browser that used to work nicely is now a useless piece of crap. The previous updates were good to go. This is a big mistake that unfortunately I can't reverse. Looks like Google is learning lessons in forcing users handsf rom Apple. Time to find a phone that hasn't been updated or heaven forbid buy an iPhone.
  14. #14  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,271 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Try going to verizon and complaining. Maybe they'll give you an new one without ICS then you can try to delay the update as much as you can.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  

    Default

    R u serious ICS is years ahead of gingerbread ppl these days

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Jwhite898 likes this.
  16. #16  
    derek5l's Avatar

    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thurmma View Post
    ICS has rendered my RAZR a POS! This is a major step backwards as one of the previous posts stated. The browser that used to work nicely is now a useless piece of crap. The previous updates were good to go. This is a big mistake that unfortunately I can't reverse. Looks like Google is learning lessons in forcing users handsf rom Apple. Time to find a phone that hasn't been updated or heaven forbid buy an iPhone.
    Wow. Can't be serious...

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  17. #17  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default

    You all is tripping Ics is wayyyyyy better than gingerbread

    Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    Kamin likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default

    My Swype works fine as well on my Razr. My cousin's doesn't work, i think he has an HTC

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Try going to verizon and complaining. Maybe they'll give you an new one without ICS then you can try to delay the update as much as you can.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I am going to give that a shot today and see what happens.
  20. #20  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default

    And plus ics brings something to the browser that I love FLASH past versions of Android couldn't do it nether could apple

    Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  
    fender7217's Avatar

    Posts
    262 Posts
    ROM
    root/stock 4.1.2 and CM10

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    This is a first for me. People would rather have Gingerbread than ICS. That's crazy.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    You got ICS... i think you not realize you got rare prevllige to install Google Chrome on phone did you try it?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    I agree. I have the Razr Maxx and it's ruined it. Adobe flash isn't compatible and the simplest websites won't work properly. It is visually nice, but getting online or watching a video, it's worthless! If anyone knows how to get gingerbread back, please let me know. This is awful. I really don't won't to join my husband on the dark side lol. Aka apple.
    Jaimeg123prmt likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: how do i remove ICS???

    Uh...........Flash is absolutely compatable with ICS. It's not "compatable" with Jellybean, but I just cheated and sideloaded the apk and all is good with the Jellybean world now. If you have ICS, just go to the Play Store, and install Flash. If that doesn't work..........

    Merry Christmas:

  25. #25  

    Default

    I F N HATE IT!!!!! My fone continuously shuts off and resets ALL DAY! It freezes all the time and sometimes the keyboard doesnt work at all. Ive done numerous factory resets and nothing works. Called Verizon and they wouldn't do anything about it....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B