Movie Player

Breeze1965

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello all My Name is Sean I am new here. I was a windows network tech for the last ten years and I am new to this andriod scene.

I am hoping to find some good answers here what I want to accomplish is the ability to get into my home PC and stream anything I want to it AVI, MPEG, MKV whatever.

So I have the remote access program however running the media I get that mpeg4 error and it seems If I run a different player that rthe files then need to be local because the player has to be launched first which is what I really really want to fix I want to change the default player.

I want to make my default like the rockplayer or the mobo whatever but I want that default player to say good bye and I have read it is hidden and when in the settings and apps menu all of the programs say there are no defaults to shut them off so here is where I need some help.

Can anyone help me shut off and switch the default player.

Breeze1965

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have that player so how can I be asked or set my default to the new player? I checked all of the formats that is a nice player it has them all but when I try to double click on a movie thats a network share it gives me that bull error for the only supported format being the mp4 so there has to be a way to change the default.

Last edited:

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have that player so how can I be asked or set my default to the new player?

I second the MX Video Player, that thing will play everything.

When you play any video anywhere on your Android device, you'll get a menu pop-up that asks you which player you want to use. In this menu you can check the box on the bottom to make your selection the default player, and then select the player you want to use.

Breeze1965

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
OK I dragged a .wmv a .avi and a .mpeg to my device put them in the movie folder and the movie player could browse to the folder and play the video it never asked what player I wanted to use and when I try to stream the video I get the same error of mp4 only

I read your post again and tried to move the files to the download folder hoping to see the file locally in my phone and get the default request however the files are hiddenand I cant click them to get the option any ideas?

Breeze1965

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the file manager info I dragged them to the pics folder in between got the menu but when I connect to a file that is not local I still get the error locally they work fine but if I stream I lose the ability. This really pisses me off because I had a razr I returned and I got it working there very quickly maybe I need to try another remote access agent

Last edited:

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
...can't really help you on streaming, never done it my self. In ICS you can disable a lot of system apps, so that's the only other solution I can think of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz