verizon officially anounces which devices will be getting ICS!

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: verizon officially anounces which devices will be getting ICS

JUST GOT THIS EMAIL FROM HTC & VERiZON

New announcement: Ice Cream Sandwich Coming to Many Verizon Wireless Smartphones‏

3:55 PM
Reply ▼
HTC Thunderbol​t
Add to contacts
To paulvar@hotmail.com

Attachments, pictures and links in this message have been blocked for your safety.
Show content | Always show content from webmaster@htcthunderbolt4g.com
Press Release on 03/06/2012

Verizon Wireless will deliver a tasty treat to many smartphone and tablet customers this year – Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

It’s a frozen snack that many in the Android community have been eager to try since ICS launched in December 2011 on the Galaxy™ Nexus™ by Samsung. The redesigned user interface includes many cool enhancements, including upgraded multitasking capabilities, notifications and Web browsing.

Wondering if your device will receive Ice Cream Sandwich? Here’s a list of Verizon Wireless 4G LTE devices currently scheduled to be upgraded.

HTC:

HTC ThunderBolt™
DROID Incredible 2 by HTC
HTC Rhyme™
HTC Rezound™
Motorola:

Motorola XOOM
DROID BIONIC™
DROID RAZR™
DROID RAZR™ MAXX™ DROID 4 DROID XYBOARD 8.2
DROID XYBOARD 10.1
Samsung:

Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7
LG:

Spectrum™ by LG
We will continue to update this list as additional details become available throughout the year. Also, follow @VZWNews on Twitter for additional upgrade announcements.

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

Ice Cream Sandwich Coming to Many Verizon Wireless Smartphones - HTC Thunderbolt

Regards,
The HTC Thunderbolt Team.

Reactions: bear_lx

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

great to know!!! now we wait..............................................

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to prevent this update? I had the GN the day it launched and the one thing I found was an issue is that ICS won't synch Facebook contacts to the phone which to me is a deal breaker.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

yea, dont install the update... when it is available it will ask if you want to update. but by the time it is ready to update, bugs should be fixed

TB Droid

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Bout time an official release came out. I've been waiting for this. Hope it doesn't screw my phone up. It works fine as it is.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Now we need VZW to tell us WHEN!

They probably can't because they don't know themselves! We've already seen two tentative dates come and go without an OTA?

I WANT IT NOW!!! :mad:

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I think it has something to do with aosp and not ics. I think Facebook sync will work since you don't have pure ics.