Need Advice on new phone (coming from webOS)

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have decided to seriously consider making the switch to Android. I am a long time palm user and thanks to HP really have no choice but to move on. I have a Franken Pre2 on Sprint which I perform surgery on. I love my pre2 but really can't deal with the consistent bugs and lack of apps.
I think my only choice is the Galaxy Nexus as I think it is the only phone that meets my wants:
1) Ice Cream Sandwich(has some webOS qualities as the same developer had input)
2) Must be able to root a free tether app onto it. I use the freeTether app on my pre and can't go without this. I am already going to increase my contract by $10 dollars so I don't want to pay for something I can get free.
3) Must sync well with Google. I tried a Galaxy Nexus back when they first came out and it would not sync google calendars. The only calendar that would show is the default. I have around 8 google calendars and they all must show in calendar app. I am assuming this has been fixed. If not I will again return it.
4) Must be on Sprint.

I would be more than willing to wait for a better phone or for ICS to be release on another phone but am not in the loop in Android News.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will wing it. I have found out that ICS is not on Spint Nexus S yet but it is still my only choice as it should get the update being the Google phone. Any advice would be great.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been loving my Epic 4G Touch the whole time I've had it. It will be getting the official ICS update some time soon, but you can easily run it if you root and flash a rom. Even when you're completely stock this phone is amazing in terms of speed, processing power, the screen, everything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk