Should I root my galaxy nexus or just unlock the bootloader or keep it 100% stock ?
    03-30-2012 06:15 PM
    Root! :P

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt
    03-30-2012 06:16 PM
    Rooting gives you a lot more functionally. Why would you not want to root? Winked you don't want to void your warranty
    04-03-2012 11:11 PM
    What more functionality?
    I have a, a fully stock GNex with 4.0.4. Using Apps there's nothing I've been unable to do.
    Rooting seems to give you those options for free but I've already paid for Apps so no need.
    What functions can you do with a rooted device that an App can't?
    04-03-2012 11:56 PM
    What more functionality?
    I have a, a fully stock GNex with 4.0.4. Using Apps there's nothing I've been unable to do.
    Rooting seems to give you those options for free but I've already paid for Apps so no need.
    What functions can you do with a rooted device that an App can't?
    Actually you don't need root to instal pirated apps. But rooting Will give you the abortion to block adds on free apps. Which waste bandwidth and battery power.

Also you can backup your entire system for just in case.
    04-04-2012 05:31 AM
    Actually you don't need root to instal pirated apps. Also you can backup your entire system for just in case.
    I never said pirating required rooting.
    I don't do free games because I absolutely hate ads but if the little tiny bandwidth it uses is a concern to anyone...perhaps Android isn't the right fit for them, LoL.
    You don't need root to backup, I backed up my GNex yesterday.

So far no convincing arguments for rooting...
    04-04-2012 06:59 AM
    I never said pirating required rooting.
    I don't do free games because I absolutely hate ads but if the little tiny bandwidth it uses is a concern to anyone...perhaps Android isn't the right fit for them, LoL.
    You don't need root to backup, I backed up my GNex yesterday.

So far no convincing arguments for rooting...
    So then don't root
    theRalph likes this.
    04-04-2012 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD