Google Voice Typing
06-12-2012 04:41 PM
- I am running Culkilin's Tweaked ICS ROM v1.3 on my E4GT and I love using Google Voice Typing instead of the Swype Keyboard for many of my texts and emails. What I dislike is not having Google Voice Typing the default input. In the settings it doesn't allow me to set Google Voice Typing as the default input, so I always have to go to the top notification bar and hit the "Select Input Method" button and then choose Google Voice Typing from that list. Kind of a pain as I use it often and would like it to be default.
Any ideas on how to make Google Voice Typing the default input method when typing?04-04-2012 11:15 AM
- I've been using voice to text or a couple of years. It was always good, but it got great under ICS. It used to be... talk a couple sentences... let it process... talk another couple... let it process. Now it's real-time translation. Very nice.
I didn't answer because I'm not sure what you're talking about. As soon as I want to enter text, the keyboard pops up and all that needs to be done is to touch the microphone icon. How much easier do you want it? It's literally two clicks and off you go.
I can't see it as a default for the keyboard. Voice to text doesn't work very well if there is even modest ambient noise. Or more accurately, what we perceive to be moderate noise. Our minds are actually quite good at filtering out ambient noise. Just take an audio recording while riding in a quiet car to see for yourself.
Also, you wouldn't want to speak all your text in a public place. It's rude.05-14-2012 05:49 PM
- What Maikai.Guy said...
You can just add it to your keyboard...
On ics on the galaxy s3 once you've enabled voice entry in the settings, you can just hold the button to the left of the spacebar and choose one if four options: a Mic for voice entry, clipboard, handwriting or settings.
Then every time the keyboard comes up on screen, the button to the left of spacebar is whatever was selected the last time you pressed the button down and choose it to be...
Is it not the same for other phones on ics or other versions of ics?06-12-2012 04:41 PM
- Android OS Discussion & Help
- Legacy Android & Other OS's
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Google Voice Typing
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD