Upgrade to ICS = Losing all mp3 album covers?

CrazyFoxDG

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I've updated to ICS EVERY album covers doesn't show up in either the default music apps and Winamp. The album cover is definitely there as I copy the one from the sd card to my pc and they showed up. Copy it back doesn't change ... deleting the folder and copying it back doesn't work too.. copying a new album that never been on the sd card is showing up?!?!?

I tried deleting the data of the default music player and winamp ... nothing

I've seen really old post dating from 2010 and no ones is giving a real solution but only workaround... so don't tell me get "album art grabber" and telling me it's nice :mad: If it's happening each time we get a major upgrade that means something wrong is happening.

Is there a cache somewhere that got broken?

cheers

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I went from Froyo to a ported ICS on my device and experienced no such problems.

I have had some headaches in the past with this type of thing. It generally comes down to how your cover art is stored. Keeping it cached in an app database or relying on your computer's music software to include it can be tricky. I suggest either embedding the cover art in the audio files or placing a copy of the image in the album folder. That way, it is there, regardless of what music application or ROM you opt to use.

CrazyFoxDG

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
All the mp3 have the cover embeded in the file. I've installed powerAmp to see if it was working and it sees all the cover... so I uninstalled winamp and reinstall it but no luck ... and I can't uninstall the default music player so ...

There must be a cache somewhere for those player that are corrupted ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21