Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Default Missed Call/SMS reminders in Android 4.x?

From what I see, Android 4.x (nor Sense) has no built-in feature for missed calls and other notifications to continuously remind you until you take action on them. I've used the third-party Missed Call app in the past on 2.1-2.3, so what else is everyone using in 4.x now? Anything better?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Really, no one uses the phone for a critical function like pages via SMS?

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

Default Re: Missed Call/SMS reminders in Android 4.x?

Not sure if it works under ICS, but I use a program called Missed Call on Gingerbread, and it does everything I need it to do. In spite of the name, it also alerts for SMS, Calendar events, and much more.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

That is what I used on my Droid1, and it fit the bill. It is no longer available on the app store at all though, so I don't think it is 4.x compatible. I ended up buying Missed Call Deluxe, and I think I may like it even more.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

I've been using NoLed. It's works pretty well for me and I can set the alerts interval from every 30 seconds or so to every 5 minutes, or whatever. And I can use custom ringtones for different emails addresses and contacts.

Default Re: Missed Call/SMS reminders in Android 4.x?

I recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy S DUOS with an ICS operatiing system. I was surprised not to find a way to set up missed call and text message alerts. I've grown dependent on that feature on my prior Motorola phone.

Does anyone know if this feature has been added to any of the updates to ICS or possibly a Jelly Bean upgrade?