Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windows 7 / Droid ICS Bluetooth Issue?

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to allow a laptop to use the 3G off of my Droid for Internet using a bluetooth connection.

Originally, this worked with a Droid RAZR (ICS) and Windows XP. If I went into the phone's bluetooth settings, it detected the laptop no problem.

Since upgrading to Windows 7, the bluetooth software does not display the Droid Razr in the list of nearby bluetooth devices, after I have ensured that the phone's bluetooth is enabled and viewable to others. To make sure that it was not an issue with the RAZR, I tried connecting the laptop to a Galaxy Nexus, again to no avail.

The phones show the laptop's bluetooth device, and when I try to pair the two from the phone, it gives me the error:
    "Couldn't pair with Dell Wireless 410 Bluetooth + UWB Mini-card because of an incorrect PIN or passkey."

I have not seen any place where I could enter a PIN or passkey, nor would I know which one to use.

Any advice?

Thank you.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Windows 7 / Droid ICS Bluetooth Issue?

Usually a PIN pops up on the devices and you have to enter it in, to ensure that you know what is connecting to what and that someone else isn't trying to connect without your consent.

You may need to get drivers. When I connected my X2 to my Windows 7 box it automatically installed drivers for me. So, maybe take a look for those.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Are you saying that I may have to connect the phone to the laptop via USB first?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

No, I'm saying if it's a driver issue, you may need to manually download them on your PC. Try and Google Bluetooth drivers for your phone for Windows 7 and see if you come up with anything. I know that has caused issues for others in the past.