help how do i get rid of grid lines on samsung Galaxy S3?

amyboyce15

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get rid of what appears to be grid lines... at the top of the screen is a bar with with y and x and the numbers change as you move your finger on the screen creating a grid as you move
It is like a free tx at the same time ie a blue line is left wherever i run my finger no matter what app I am in.
I did have the app "Free tx" which I have deleted but hasn't:mad: solved the problem
Please can anyone help me?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you on a rom?

If so, check development settings/Or something in settings. Maybe its something like Show screen updates.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2

amyboyce15

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
hi there not sure what a rom is?
Have been through everything in settings checking for grid lines and there is nothing in settings to show me updates

amyboyce15

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey had another look and just want to say a huge thank you "ThatGuyLurkin" under settings in "Developer Options" there was a show pointer options ticked...I have been trying to figure it out for days so thank you very much :):):):):):):):)

Vanchinatha siva

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I got my samsung S Duos couple of days back and I too had the same problem. While trying to explore, accidentally I could have selected that check box. Now got rid of it. Thanks lurkin.:cool:

Last edited:

akseer ahmed

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I cannot get rid of what appears to be grid lines... at the top of the screen is a bar with with y and x and the numbers change as you move your finger on the screen creating a grid as you move
It is like a free tx at the same time ie a blue line is left wherever i run my finger no matter what app I am in.
I did have the app "Free tx" which I have deleted but hasn't solved the problem
thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I did have the app "Free tx" which I have deleted but hasn't solved the problem
thanks

Settings> developer options> uncheck show pointer locations

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

needhelp17

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi there I've got some weird lines on my phones there white and cover the whole screen it gets quite annoying howthisrid o ththis? Irony know caused this because all I was doing was playing candy crush and then help me please

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there I've got some weird lines on my phones there white and cover the whole screen it gets quite annoying howthisrid o ththis? Irony know caused this because all I was doing was playing candy crush and then help me please

Welcome to the forums!
Have you tried a reboot?

the2ballet7chic

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and phoned tech support and they said it sounded like a soft ware issue and I might have to send my phone in:(. I tried this and it fixed it completely!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!:D