Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amyboyce15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help how do i get rid of grid lines on samsung Galaxy S3?

I cannot get rid of what appears to be grid lines... at the top of the screen is a bar with with y and x and the numbers change as you move your finger on the screen creating a grid as you move
    It is like a free tx at the same time ie a blue line is left wherever i run my finger no matter what app I am in.
    I did have the app "Free tx" which I have deleted but hasn't solved the problem
    Please can anyone help me?
    akseer ahmed likes this.

Are you on a rom?

If so, check development settings/Or something in settings. Maybe its something like Show screen updates.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: help how do i get rid of grid lines on samsung Galaxy S3?

hi there not sure what a rom is?
    Have been through everything in settings checking for grid lines and there is nothing in settings to show me updates
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey had another look and just want to say a huge thank you "ThatGuyLurkin" under settings in "Developer Options" there was a show pointer options ticked...I have been trying to figure it out for days so thank you very much

Hahahah...I was stuck with these lines for days...I thought my phone was broken...thanks...all fixed!!! Whew....

thanks for the tip, I got rid of my grid lines with that option too.

This worked for my DROIDMAXX. Thank you!!! I was so annoyed. I don't even know how that got activated.

Thanks so much! Had this problem with my new HTC One phone....it was so annoying! This fixed it! Wonderful!

Red face Re: help how do i get rid of grid lines on samsung Galaxy S3?

Hi
    Im having the same problem . Could you tell me how to go about getting rid of them please.

Hi Amboyce 15
    Read yur reply to" that guy lurkin" again and sussed what u said re Develper options. Thank you

I got my samsung S Duos couple of days back and I too had the same problem. While trying to explore, accidentally I could have selected that check box. Now got rid of it. Thanks lurkin.
    Last edited by Vanchinatha siva; 04-30-2013 at 06:01 AM.

I cannot get rid of what appears to be grid lines... at the top of the screen is a bar with with y and x and the numbers change as you move your finger on the screen creating a grid as you move
    It is like a free tx at the same time ie a blue line is left wherever i run my finger no matter what app I am in.
    thanks

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by akseer ahmed View Post
    thanks
    Settings> developer options> uncheck show pointer locations

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Does anyone know the option if I'm using a Nexus 7? I can't seem to find the developer setting option. Pls help. Thanks

Hi there I've got some weird lines on my phones there white and cover the whole screen it gets quite annoying howthisrid o ththis? Irony know caused this because all I was doing was playing candy crush and then help me please

Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by needhelp17 View Post
    Hi there I've got some weird lines on my phones there white and cover the whole screen it gets quite annoying howthisrid o ththis? Irony know caused this because all I was doing was playing candy crush and then help me please
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried a reboot?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Thumbs up Re: help how do i get rid of grid lines on samsung Galaxy S3?

I had the same problem and phoned tech support and they said it sounded like a soft ware issue and I might have to send my phone in. I tried this and it fixed it completely!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

developer options-check box for show grid lines- is the culprit . thanks

Thank You.I resolved my problem.

Thanks alot..problem solved by going into developer options....

youre great i just thought i broke my samsung hoooo it makes me cry hard your smart im inlove with you

Default Ok my mom is having troubles with grid lines

At this very moment I'm under developer options in my mom's phone settings and I found something that says show touches which states as the following: show visual feedback when screen is touched

Default Ok my mom is having troubles with grid lines

At this very moment I'm under developer options in my mom's phone settings and I found something that says show touches which states as the following: show visual feedback when screen is touched. I have turned that off and on and the blue lines still do not go away what else could I do to make these blue lines from appearing on my mom's phone??