New update after ICS has made my battery life even worse on S2 w/ Sprint...

crossx3

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok so background, I have an S2 on Sprint which was working fine until updated to ICS, ever since battery life was bad and I get a constant pop up saying charging paused, voltage too high. Of course there's nothing even plugged in when it happens. Well the message only repeated 2 to 3 times a day, say every 4 days, annoying but didn't feel like dealing with tech support. And then...

A couple of nights ago my phone said an update was available, the description said something like: designed to improve the function of my Galaxy S2 and could only be performed with a full battery charge. So I figured it was update from Sprint or Samsung or Google... I dunno, something designed to fix whatever ICS screwed up. So I fully charged the phone, and installed the update... Well now the phone is literally just a joke. What was already horrible battery life is now just dismal. I can't even make it 3 hours without having to plug in the phone to charge. And half the time it says that the temp is too high and it wont charge a bit.. Couple that with the temp too high message coming up once a minute when nothing is even connected? What is going on with this phone and who is putting out these garbage updates to make the thing unusable?

I'm close to smashing the thing against the pavement and going to get a flip phone to call and text this is absurd. Anyway, I can't find any information about this update. So before I rage out I thought I would ask and see if anyone else received it/had worse battery life than before.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you by chance fry your battery ? Idk like leave it plugged up all night , im jus curious

- - - Updated - - -

And the gs3 did this happen b4 or after installing any apps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77