Downloads app on home screen

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question of the day here. Sorry. I did a search but nothing I found really addressed the issue. For the last several months now, I have downloaded 5 to 10 pictures from google relating to different holidays and other important dates for presentations I do at work. All of the files were downloaded from google images and after being downloaded I moved them from the default download directory into my gallery app into a temporary folder. The other day, I was looking at the different apps that are on the phone and I noticed the "Downloads" app which looks like a grey square with a green arrow pointing down. I clicked on this and I was presented with a list of all the image files I downloaded over the months. I clicked on one of the items in the list and of course, since I moved them, the error message was the image no longer existed. Ok, great. There are 200 of them listed and the only way I can tell to clear this list is to select each box one by one and check the box then I can hit the delete button up top. My question is.... is there a way to select all of these entries in one shot (select all) and delete the listing? I dont want to delete the files themselves. I just want this downloads list to be emptied and I dont want to have to click on 200 boxes to do so. Thanks for any help.

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. I had looked there myself but I assumed the next program down in that list (Downloads) was the one I was looking for but it didnt work when I tried it. I appreciate the quick response. Still, would be wonderful if Google would code a "select all" check box but if they havent gotten around to doing it in their email app, why would I even think they would try here. Lol

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much. I had looked there myself but I assumed the next program down in that list (Downloads) was the one I was looking for but it didnt work when I tried it. I appreciate the quick response. Still, would be wonderful if Google would code a "select all" check box but if they havent gotten around to doing it in their email app, why would I even think they would try here. Lol
I agree. select all would be nice. Hopefully next android version.