ICS Pantech Element clock bug?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to ICS on my Pantech Element, the clock no longer updates.

If I go into settings, and change from auto to manually setting the clock, it will change to the correct time for that minute.

But it won't keep time after that.

Any way to fix this?
Thanks

alienhunter3

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I just wanted to say that I'm having the exact same problem. After the upgrade, my clock isn't working. The system time will be correct, but the time being displayed by apps or on the task bar is wrong. Manually setting the clock set's the taskbar and clock widget, but then they are incorrect again immediately.

Did you root your tablet after upgrading like I did sbudaj? I don't see how that could affect this, but who knows.

Thanks!

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I did not root mine. I did call tech support and they said it is being reported by others as well. There is currently no fix. They said to try to clear the clock data and cache and reboot. I haven't tried that yet.

By the way, not sure if this happened to you, but after the update, mine did not lose any of the apps or data. When it rebooted, it came up to my usual home page and all my apps, icons, and widgets were where they were before the update.

The web page says everything will be wiped, but that didn't happen to me. Did it happen to you?

mtl_loudite

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same clock issue but I also have an issue with apps that won't update saying not enough space and mail crashes & browser are you guys having any of those issues?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I called tech support and the answer is to do a factory reset.

I did it and it fixed the clock and memory problems.

Good luck.

GB76087

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I installed ICS last week. Everything worked great for the first five days, but now the clock is not updating. I've done the system reset, turning wi-fi on and off, turning automatic date and time on and off, nothing working yet. Internally, the clock is correct, just not the display.