1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default (HELP) Self-signed Certificates

So I've had this problem with androids for a while now. i need to install a self-signed certificate to access a website for my job. my previous phone was a Droid X and did not support self-signed certificates so someone went out and developed a browser called Sandrob where i could install the certificate to the browser and access the site. Now Sandrob was no longer developed after Gingerbread because android is now supports self-signed certs, but chrome does not. From what i have been able to find online they work on ICS but only in the stock android browser, and our phones stock android browser is chrome.

someone else withe the same issue

Now the certificate installs and i have installed it as a .p12 and as a .cer. i have tried Firefox, Dolphin, Opera, and Chrome with no success.
    I need help please.

Found some bug reports documenting this issue on chrome
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by exbro2000; 10-24-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Default Re: (HELP) Self-signed Certificates

You sure that certificate installation in Android security settings does not work on Chrome? If not and they pack you with Chrome then i recomand you to ask your somebody responsible phone support in your work, they want you to have access to that website don't they? so it's there trouble
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

it's not a company phone, it's my personal phone and i would much rather be able to just check my work on my phone than having to carry my laptop around to check it. I have no problem with these certificates working on the Iphones or on any browser on my PC. don't see why my android wouldn't support them.

So instelled certificates in Android's security setting don't work in Chrome?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    So instelled certificates in Android's security setting don't work in Chrome?
    No they do not. Google Chrome doesn't have access to the Android certificate store.

So as Google Chrome does not support it then nothing can be helped, check diffrent browsers

Follow the instructions below: