Can't download email attachments since upgrading to ICS...

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid Bionic that I upgraded to ICS a few days ago. All-in-all, I like what I see. HOWEVER, there is one VERY annoying thing that has happened. Before the upgrade,
I could access my gmail accounts (using the original browser) and download any attachments. Now, I can't download ANY attachments located in my gmail accounts. I have tried the
original browser, as well as Dolphin with no luck. I CAN download attachments found in my Yahoo account, so this tells me this is a Google/Gmail issue.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? This is a serious problem for me, as I access my gmail accounts often and have a need to be able to download attachments often as well. I have
to get this working. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
still1, I tried that with no change. I also installed Dolphin and Chrome and have the same issue. Wouldn't you think the company that makes both
the Driod OS and Gmail would make damn sure that something as basic as downloading attachmenets would work?!!

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
There's really no pop-up. When I click on Download, I can see something happening in the URL bar, but
after a few seconds, it takes me back to the initial screen I see when I first log into gmail and nothing is
downloaded (and I never see the icon I typically see when something is being downloaded...meaning the small
grey "down arrow" in the upper lefthand side of the window).

Andy

sho50

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Let it be known, this is NOT an isolated problem: I have the same problem with Gmail and AOL mail since "upgrading" my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich. Attachments simply will not download. The progress bar shows, the attachment's underline gets sparkly, and the circle spins round and round... but NOTHING ever downloads. IMAP settings are per specs. General settings are set to sync schedule and to download everything. I have cleared the caches and toggled the phone off and on. Nothing so far has helped. What else is there to do? Are we missing something vital?

Also, although the new interface is slick, I've noticed that the whole system is slower and additional steps are required to complete previously simple tasks, such as sending emails (e.g., they now require a "key" selection), and making settings changes. So... Is this really an upgrade?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar