Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Just a little trick,

I figured I should post this here, instead of just in my phones specific forum. If you're like me and have a slow, and unresponsive droid after updating from GB to ICS, there is something else you can try, before factory resetting. I came upon a suggestion on another website, and it actually worked. (I would link the site but I can't find it.) The suggestion was to clear the data from the Homescreen app. To do this, first WRITE DOWN all the apps and widgets on your homescreen as you will lose ALL ICON PLACEMENTS, IT WILL RESET YOUR HOMESCREEN TO OUT-OF-THE-BOX-CONDITION. From there, go to Settings>Manage apps>All> find "Homescreen" (usually depicted by a house with a droid on it) and tap on it> then click "clear data".

This might not work for you, but for me it made my phone so much faster.

- Joel

Default Re: Just a little trick,

Quote Originally Posted by joelvin View Post
    I figured I should post this here, instead of just in my phones specific forum. If you're like me and have a slow, and unresponsive droid after updating from GB to ICS, there is something else you can try, before factory resetting. I came upon a suggestion on another website, and it actually worked. (I would link the site but I can't find it.) The suggestion was to clear the data from the Homescreen app. To do this, first WRITE DOWN all the apps and widgets on your homescreen as you will lose ALL ICON PLACEMENTS, IT WILL RESET YOUR HOMESCREEN TO OUT-OF-THE-BOX-CONDITION. From there, go to Settings>Manage apps>All> find "Homescreen" (usually depicted by a house with a droid on it) and tap on it> then click "clear data".

This might not work for you, but for me it made my phone so much faster.

- Joel
    This really depends on the phone because on the GS3 you can clear the apps running in the backround and clear RAM which frees up all the room for the phone to run fast. plus no data loss.
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either