HTC Evo 4g virgin mobile memory issue...

Jerry Koufeldt

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
...i know this question seems to have been answered many times here. i've checked the discussions, and perhaps this is just an issue with virgin devices. anyway...

i cannot switch from internal to sd memory for photos and video. i follow the steps i've seen in other discussion threads "turn camera on - settings - scroll to bottom - switch from internal to sd". all is there except the "switch from internal to sd". this camera only has 1gb internal storage, but there's an 8gb sd card i can't seem to access for what i use most of the memory for. you can't put facebook, google+ or twitter on the sd card.

i had the exact same problem with my last virgin device. i always end up running out of memory because there's only 1gb there. if you have just a few apps and take some photos, that internal memory goes fast. i know. i can put astro on and move the photos from the internal to the sd, but that is simply putting makeup on a sore instead of healing it.

let me guess, someone's going to say "switch services", but that's not an answer to this exact question. this question is, am i just not seeing where the switch from "internt" to "sd" is? anyone have a clue?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Didn't know the 4G could utilize the internal memory as another card. In any case, move your apps to your microSDHC card.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Jerry Koufeldt

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
most apps aren't able to run from the sd card. that's part of the problem. it only has 1gb internal memory, so if you add a few apps, next thing you know, you're low on space already (facebook, twitter, google+ and most others i've added can't be put on the sd card).

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
For your browser, you can change the save state of your downloads from "Phone memory" to "Storage Card". In Camera, you can do the same. And as for the system, unless you partition your microSD/microSDHC card, you pretty much have to deal with the limited space.

Jerry Koufeldt

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
that's what i'm asking. i've followed directions of people both of those things are possible, but they don't seem to be. where, exactly, is the place to "save to sd" instead of internal with regards to browser and camera? where it's supposed to be in the camera programs, it's not there even when i follow instructions people are giving in forums. with regards to my browser, i just checked, it can't be moved to the sd card, and i can't find anything in the settings of the program that allow storage to the sd card.

if it is the case that you HAVE to deal with limited internal space, then it's a huge strike against android. this is not an issue at all with iphones. the internal memory is outstanding. i had an iphone for 2 years and never once encountered a "low on space" message. i get them all the time with droids. so far, i've been blaming myself. after all this time searching, it's starting to look as if it is the system's fault not allowing to make these changes (but, apparently, only with the virgin mobile service).

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there are horrible Androids out there
(Motorola Flipside, Samsung Dart) that have very limited amounts of space. And that's why when you go to buy a phone, you look for what they are selling and then you look up the specs and find out if its worth it. I don't like buying a phone in contract. That's how they get you. As for the memory issue, what Android version are you, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, or 2.3.x?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie