Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to enable data

My ICS is wonderful, but on the second month of use, the new phone will not enable data usage away from home network. Any hints - outside of the obvious, "you shouldn't have bought the thing from china." Yes, this is the unnamed, no-brand, unlocked, 3g, Star W007 4.0, dual sim, android . . . iphone-clone. On Friday, AT&T gave me a new sim - thinking that might be the problem, but still no data use away from base.

On the remote chance that someone can help, the IME number is: 355525007321455

Almost forgot, i used nearly 1G of data, on the phone, and the first sim, during the first month of service. The data connection died 3 days before my first months service. So i went into the the second month with the inability to enable data.

Default Re: how to enable data

I'd hide your IMEI, don't want anyone to see that!

And when you said your connection just died... are you using this on an AT&T dumb/featurephone plan? or on a smartphone one?

If everythings enabled for data properly on the phone and you havent changed anything substantial, i'd be inclined to think that its the fault of AT&T here.