1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default There is no SU binary installed and Super SU cannot install it. This is a problem!

I have a samsung galaxy s3 on ICS 4.0.4 and for some reason Jellybean wasnt appearing as an update over OTA or Kies despite being released months ago. I saw somewhere that it was due to the phone being rooted, so i went into Super SU, did a full unroot from there and then a factory reset from the phone settings but there was still no update and for some reason CWM Recovery was still there. So i tried re-rooting the phone, which worked fine except once i re-installed Super SU (CWM says it needs it to run) it opens with an error message saying that there is no SU binary installed and that it cant install it. I am pretty much a complete noob, can someone please tell me what ive done wrong and how to fix it without totally destroying my phone? Thanks PS sorry for the long description.

Default Re: There is no SU binary installed and Super SU cannot install it. This is a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by adils786 View Post
    I have a samsung galaxy s3 on ICS 4.0.4 and for some reason Jellybean wasnt appearing as an update over OTA or Kies despite being released months ago. I saw somewhere that it was due to the phone being rooted, so i went into Super SU, did a full unroot from there and then a factory reset from the phone settings but there was still no update and for some reason CWM Recovery was still there. So i tried re-rooting the phone, which worked fine except once i re-installed Super SU (CWM says it needs it to run) it opens with an error message saying that there is no SU binary installed and that it cant install it. I am pretty much a complete noob, can someone please tell me what ive done wrong and how to fix it without totally destroying my phone? Thanks PS sorry for the long description.
    I have the same problem with Verizon GS3 when I did an OTA (accidently) with 4.1.1 VRBLK3. SuperSU just says "installation failed!" when I ask it to reinstall the SU binaries.

Default Re: There is no SU binary installed and Super SU cannot install it. This is a problem!

i have the same problem. i updated my s3 sph l710 it restarted works great an all BUT i cant get into my supersu it says no su binary and supersu cant install it theres a problem

not sure if youve fixed yours but I had a pretty crappy problem of my own .what I did to FIX it was opened up my odin v3.04
    after that I opened up the pda file and clicked on cf-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.... after that I did the regular root instructions and i have a whole new root system on my phone now. first I had a blue android dude when I went into recovery mode now I have a red evil looken
    android dude

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by adils786 View Post

Welcome to the forums...what device do you have?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by paulie7880 View Post
    I have the same problem with Verizon GS3 when I did an OTA (accidently) with 4.1.1 VRBLK3. SuperSU just says "installation failed!" when I ask it to reinstall the SU binaries.

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes, when accepting OTA Updates, it destroys root access. You have to go through the root process again, and before doing so, ensure the root process covers your updated version.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Probably on the wrong thread. but pretty much noob to all this but im wanting to root my Samsung galaxy centura and have yet to find any way to do this. can anyone help