1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fed up with iPad limitations will ICS + Chrome do this?

I spent too much time in the PC world to put up with the limitations imposed by an iPad. So, I am shopping for another tablet.

Since I like my Mototola Droid phone i am thinking of an Android operating system for maximum compatibility. But I want to make sure that I do not end up with the same frustrations. Here is my list:

1. Will Chrome print web pages? Safari and Photon do not, Atomic Lite does.
    2. Is there a right click function that allows me to open a new tab or window? None of the iPad browsers do this so a search list disappears when you Make a selection. Wrong choice? Search again. Grrrr.
    3. Will Chrome run Flash? I know that Flash is buggy and vulnerable and on it's way out but there are still lots of Flash videos around. Photon will run Flash if manually implemented but it it crappy.
    4. Will whatever email client comes with ICS show photos? The iPad usually does not.
    5. Can I access WiFi network devices without paying for an app? I can do it on iPad but the app costs $5 and I refuse on religious grounds. The damn thing should just do it.

I am sure that I can add to the list but these are the top annoyances this morning.

TIA

PS. I am not usually this grumpy. The iPad brings it on.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: Fed up with iPad limitations will ICS + Chrome do this?

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaJayBee View Post
    I spent too much time in the PC world to put up with the limitations imposed by an iPad. So, I am shopping for another tablet.

Since I like my Mototola Droid phone i am thinking of an Android operating system for maximum compatibility. But I want to make sure that I do not end up with the same frustrations. Here is my list:

1. Will Chrome print web pages? Safari and Photon do not, Atomic Lite does.
    2. Is there a right click function that allows me to open a new tab or window? None of the iPad browsers do this so a search list disappears when you Make a selection. Wrong choice? Search again. Grrrr.
    3. Will Chrome run Flash? I know that Flash is buggy and vulnerable and on it's way out but there are still lots of Flash videos around. Photon will run Flash if manually implemented but it it crappy.
    4. Will whatever email client comes with ICS show photos? The iPad usually does not.
    5. Can I access WiFi network devices without paying for an app? I can do it on iPad but the app costs $5 and I refuse on religious grounds. The damn thing should just do it.

I am sure that I can add to the list but these are the top annoyances this morning.

TIA

PS. I am not usually this grumpy. The iPad brings it on.
    Chrome won't work with flash but will for boat browser

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Firefox works with Flash.

I have a tablet with Android OS, and I think it's fine for just to play around with. But if you need a productive tablet, you need to go with Windows 8, like Surface

It's true. The Surface does run Windows 8 so it's more like a computer than any other tablet so if you need to run full programs which would help in being more productive with work, then that would be your best move.