Hello...and how do I change position of icons in homescreen tray "below the line" in ICS

malaboo

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
HI all,

I've been a lurker on this forum since I got my HTC Inspire a couple of years ago and have learned a lot from everyone else's tips and tricks. Anyway, I've upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Note which has ICS and one thing that drives me crazy about this phone is that, because I have small hands, if I'm holding the phone in one hand, it's hard to access the "phone" icon in the lower tray on the homescreen. It's just too far to the left to be comfortable. I've searched high and low for a fix. It doesn't seem that those icons below the line can be altered at all. I really don't want to switch to another launcher like Go but may be forced to if there is not another fix. I've attached a pic to show you which icon I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-05-14-34-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-05-14-34-20.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 8

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hello...and how do I change position of icons in homescreen tray "below the line" in ICS

I have a S3 so it may be different but I dowbt it. If you click on the phone icon and keep it pressed you then can drag the icon to another position.

malaboo

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hello...and how do I change position of icons in homescreen tray "below the line" in ICS

Thanks but that doesn't work for me. If I press it and hold it then try to drag it, it goes nowhere. I can do that with the icons above the dotted line, like contacts, Playstore, etc. but not those below it.

Thanks for trying though.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sorry it works below on my S3 with JB. Have you tried moving any of the other icons in the lower toolbar?

malaboo

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I can't alter any of them. You say you have JB...maybe that's one change that was made from ICS. I guess I'll just have to wait for AT&T and Samsung to give us the JB update. I assume that will be coming shortly.

Thanks for your help.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious if you can't move any of the apps below your line then your phone came stock with the calender by your phone icon?
I use go launcher and it works wonderful

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I had ICS until about a month ago and I am almost positive that I the same functionality on the lower toolbar as I do now.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I do believe I saw a way to do this on a friend's phone. Try opening the apps drawer ("Applications") and looking for something in the settings menu there? That's my only guess offhand.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I believe you have to go to where all of your applications are and hit the menu key and then edit and choose customize. That will allow you to move the icons around. Including the ones at the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

malaboo

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious if you can't move any of the apps below your line then your phone came stock with the calender by your phone icon?
I use go launcher and it works wonderful

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Yes it's the stock calendar. I hate it..that's why I have Google Calendar too. I prefer the white background that it offers. The background on the stock calendar is grey and harder to read.

malaboo

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

I believe you have to go to where all of your applications are and hit the menu key and then edit and choose customize. That will allow you to move the icons around. Including the ones at the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

That's it!! You've done it li2327. Now I'm a happy camper. Thanks to everyone else who tried to help too. You guys are the best!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2