Soft Bricked tablet

Mexican Pygmy

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I need help on unbricking my tablet which is rooted running ICS 4.0.3. I didn't try flashing a new rom or anything, all I was doing was listening to music and it restarted out of nowhere. This tends to happen to me a lot and it would restart 3-6 times before actually staying on. So, I let it restart and after the 4th restart, it stayed on the boot logo startup screen thingy. I went into recovery mode by turning it on and right after it turned on, I held the vol. up button until it went into recovery mode and the following options are:
-reboot system now
-apply update from external storage
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-apply update from cache
And that's my STOCK recovery menu, not a custom.
Is there any possible way I could unbrick it without losing any data, or at least a way to back it up? Also, my tablet is a Kurio 7, not a samsung or anything.
Thanks in advance.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi I need help on unbricking my tablet which is rooted running ICS 4.0.3. I didn't try flashing a new rom or anything, all I was doing was listening to music and it restarted out of nowhere. This tends to happen to me a lot and it would restart 3-6 times before actually staying on. So, I let it restart and after the 4th restart, it stayed on the boot logo startup screen thingy. I went into recovery mode by turning it on and right after it turned on, I held the vol. up button until it went into recovery mode and the following options are:
-reboot system now
-apply update from external storage
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-apply update from cache
And that's my STOCK recovery menu, not a custom.
Is there any possible way I could unbrick it without losing any data, or at least a way to back it up? Also, my tablet is a Kurio 7, not a samsung or anything.
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried letting it boot up again? If you can boot up back up your data. Sounds like your rom is unstable

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

munkygod

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Kurio 7, I've been looking around the net since December for any flashable ROM to no avail....best bet is to call customer service and send it in. They will replace it if you can prove you purchased it.

Mexican Pygmy

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Iv also tried one-click unbrick but since i have windows xp, everytime i trie to do run as administrator, it says i need a password for the account administrator but i dont have the password. I have tried to type in all of the accounts on my computer and even nothing but it still wouldnt let me. Is there any way i could obtain the password for the account "Administrator"?

Mexican Pygmy

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
In response to munkygod, as long as i dont tell them i rooted it, i think theyll replace it but i got it as a christmas present somehow so i dont have proof of purchase.

MaxxTwo

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I´ve the same problem dude. got the kurio 7 briked, mi diference is I can not reach the recovery menu. Also, somehow, I missed the drivers in my PC!!! Can you help me with the drivers? My PC run windows 7. Thanks in advance