Motion detector, auto-rotate failed on my new LG Spectrum 2
So FedEx delivered my new Spectrum 2 from Verizon yesterday and I had to return it today.
Overnight, as it was charging, the accelerometer just stopped working. And yes, all the "turn auto-rotate on" options were set correctly. It also strangely forgot the settings for my wi-fi adapter which it was linked to all night. Don't know if the two had anything to do with one another.
When I went in to recalibrate the motion sensor (by lying the phone down flat, etc.) it gave me an error and said "try again." The only thing I did was leave the phone plugged in all night to charge it. I have no idea what caused it.
Took it to the store today, they tried everything including a full wipe. They took it into the back room and said that there were other reports of this happening and that LG would be releasing a software update. However, I'm not sure I believe that, since they basically reloaded all software onto the phone and it still wouldn't work. I stood there in the store for an hour and a half and was raging near the end.
So they gave me a new phone and said they "hoped" it wouldn't happen again. Pretty disappointed though. First day with Android and I already needed a new phone.
Re: Motion detector, auto-rotate failed on my new LG Spectrum 2
So the new one seems to be doing ok, knock on wood. No current problems with screen orientation. At this point I'm going to assume that the first one had a hardware problem. Will update if anything else happens.
- By rjan22 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 1Last Post: 05-23-2011, 11:36 PM
- By Possum15 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
- By 5111 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM
- By moobe in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2010, 10:08 AM
- By Kage_ in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 18Last Post: 05-19-2010, 06:27 PM