Help: Remove Contacts Listed Under the Search Soft Key?

Malery

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, new to the forums for a specific issue: Whenever I press the search soft key on my HTC Rezound I see the usual past search website data, but also see 5 contacts. They do not appear to be most frequent contacts because a couple of them I rarely contact and my two best friends are not on the list.

I would like to disable the display of the contacts under the search bar, or at least find a way to delete them (without deleting the contact).

Here is a picture of what I am talking about (one of the contacts circled in red, the other contacts are being covered by the keyboard):
Screenshot_2013-03-05-21-17-20_zps266a2040.png

So far from Applications under settings I have cleared the data for Google Search (the contacts reappear after my first search), Contacts Storage, and Dialer. I have also tried an app called History Eraser and cleaned everything but received SMS (a couple of the contacts aren't even cellphone numbers and I have never received a text from them).

Someone please help me I am so frustrated and have spent hours searching for the answer!
Malery

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12