too many attempts to unlock pattern - login and password won't work

Gabrija

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!
I read a suspicious post about someone that wanted to break the Galaxy Nexus security, and I want to clarify: I only need to enable the WiFi to be able to unlock my RAZR (XT910) online, since it has been locked with the wifi and data both disabled, it looks like it isn't even trying the correct password (pw that I haven't changed since I bought the phone 6 months ago).

The phone have been locked after my wife tried too many attempts... nothing to hide, just having guessing fun! If I'd known I wouldn't even used the pattern... I think If there was an option to enable the wifi through the lock screen it would prevent this problem.

The Warranty Period is still good, but I don't know if it will help, cause they will probably claim that it isn't any bug or anything like that... so it only remains a factory reset, but I don't want to wipe the memory... yet!

I downloaded android SDK and tried to send a console command to enable the WiFi, but the debugging mode was probably disabled (since I didn't know about that before!) so I couldn't even locate the device from the console.

I am only writing this post to be sure that there's no solution to this before I Factory Reset my phone. :'(