Can the LG Viper LS840 Be Rooted?

singon69

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys my girlfriend bought this phone a couple of month ago is the LG Viper LS840 and i think she recently Upgraded it to ICS, the info on her phone is as follows:

LG VIPER 4G LTE (LS840)
Network: Sprint US
Kernel: 3.0.8
Software Version: LS840ZVK
Build #: ZVK.IMM76D
Baseband: MSM8660/MDM9600

ok so as you can see shes on ICS 4.0.4 (i dont know what version or software she had before the upgrade)and she asked me to root it to remove some or all of the Sprints crapware, or at least the safe-to-remove ones ;-) .
i want to do it safely since ive been looking everywhere and there isnt seem to be a definitive thread for this exact phone or model and/or firmware.
all i want to do is to be able to:
1- Unlock the Bootloader (if possible or necessary).
2- Root the device with Superuser or SuperSU (whichever is better or works best for this phone)
3- Custom Recovery (if possible or necessary)(whichever works best with this phone or applies to it. i know of 4ext and CWM)
4- Safely Remove Sprint's Crapware (if possible or necessary)
5- Probably install a custom ROM (if possible or necessary) or if any available

if im missing anything here you guys can correct me or give me all the help you can cause i dont wanna mess up her phone and i dont think she put insurance on it. jejejeje
i will greatly appreciate all the help i can get, all the guides or links or explanations or files, or suggestions, specially if any of you have tried it in any or your LS840 first hand.

Please, please read what im asking and like i said i really appreciate all the help i can get. And beforehand im sorry if i posted in the wrong section please Admins feel free to move my post but please dont delete, sorry again.

i have a Sensation 4G on T-Mo US myself S-offed, Rooted, 4EXT, but havent been able to find any custom ROM that i can apply since when i install Rom Manager is says to install the recovery when i already have 4ext installed and so i just quit the app and uninstall it.

Thanks in advanced
Have a great day everyone and sorry for making the post so long, i just wanna be accurate and specific and careful.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo