Help....when I turn my phone on the start up screen keeps repeating?

eileen_g

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday my phone kept force closing my apps. This morning none of my apps wouldn't open so I restarted my phone. When the 4G screen comes up, it repeats the start up sound and it won't shut off. The only way I can turn it off is to remove the battery. I haven't dropped my phone, but I've been running out of space. Maybe that could have something to do with it? :-\ Help? I have a EVO 4G

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my phone kept force closing my apps. This morning none of my apps wouldn't open so I restarted my phone. When the 4G screen comes up, it repeats the start up sound and it won't shut off. The only way I can turn it off is to remove the battery. I haven't dropped my phone, but I've been running out of space. Maybe that could have something to do with it? :-\ Help? I have a EVO 4G

It sounds like you are stuck in a 'boot loop'. I am guessing you are still stock? Meaning you haven't obtained root access or flashed a new ROM?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I almost forgot.....Welcome to the forums! Even though the welcome is with not the best of circumstances.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't do anything at all with my phone. It'll only show my start up screen. Is there any way I can fix it?

OK...let me check something...hang on. Do you know how much the phone is charged? Even a guess. I know you can't look at the phone....

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone might be around 70%-80%. The battery is out also.

I think this is how to do it...not exactly sure.

System Recovery
Step 1
Press the "Power" button, then select "Power Off." The EVO turns off.
Step 2
Push and hold the Volume-down button. Press and hold "Power" until the phone turns on.
Step 3
Select the "Recovery" option. Press the "Power" button.
Step 4
Press the Volume-up button and either the "Power" or "Camera" button simultaneously until the system recovery screen appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously we are putting the battery back in....lol

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
To enter Recovery Mode, you press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen powers on. Use the volume button to navigate to recovery and the power button to select it.
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To enter Recovery Mode, you press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen powers on. Use the volume button to navigate to recovery and the power button to select it.

Jennifer....Look at post #14...is that normal?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess a good place to start is asking this. Have you attempted rooting this phone or are you running a custom ROM? Were you able to boot into recovery mode, and then it showed you the android with the red exclamation point?

eileen_g

May 24, 2013
Visit site
As in it took away everything on the screen? It won't let you do anything after that?

Think so... looks like this
edit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad