Help....when I turn my phone on the start up screen keeps repeating?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and clearing the /cache through recovery won't factory reset the device, only if you select FACTORY RESET in the HBOOT menu or when you're in the recovery and wipe /data.

Just wiping /cache won't factory reset the device.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and clearing the /cache through recovery won't factory reset the device, only if you select FACTORY RESET in the HBOOT menu or when you're in the recovery and wipe /data.

Just wiping /cache won't factory reset the device.

Cool. Thanks a lot. Hope she sees this.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
She said if you wiped the cache, it would factory reset it, which it won't. I wipe the system's cache every once in a while and my phone still has all my settings the way it should be.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
She said if you wiped the cache, it would factory reset it, which it won't. I wipe the system's cache every once in a while and my phone still has all my settings the way it should be.

I am fully aware that I was wrong. No one argued you there. Sorry for the wrong information, the site I was referring to stated that, and I, having never had to boot into any modes of the like, did not know any better. I stand corrected now, thank you.

And no, I'm sorry. I don't know if she ever got her phone working. I'm thinking she might have since she never responded saying otherwise.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I was just thinking she PMd you. You both stopped responding about the same time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Nah, I haven't heard from her. I quit responding when she did cause there was no knowing how further to help her.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I am fully aware that I was wrong. No one argued you there. Sorry for the wrong information, the site I was referring to stated that, and I, having never had to boot into any modes of the like, did not know any better. I stand corrected now, thank you.

And no, I'm sorry. I don't know if she ever got her phone working. I'm thinking she might have since she never responded saying otherwise.

I just wanted to make sure she knew, I didn't want her to get spooked and not want to clear cache.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to make sure she knew, I didn't want her to get spooked and not want to clear cache.

I completely understand. I'm glad you came in. Hopefully she got the help she needed.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just want to thank you both for helping. And so quickly.

When I saw the problem and that she had an HTC, I was like who do I know that has an HTC? So I hit you both up.

Thanks again. Hit me up if you guys find a Sammy problem.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that kind of bugs me is when we help people and they forget to check back or something, and it's like, "I worked my brain over, and it was almost all for nothing " :-/

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that kind of bugs me is when we help people and they forget to check back or something, and it's like, "I worked my brain over, and it was almost all for nothing " :-/

Eh...nothing we can do about that. Thanks for your help by the wsy.

dk503x

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't let it bother you too much, lurkers such as myself find discussions/posts such as yours very useful. Your brain dump is appreciated ;-)

Posted with my Pantech Burst via the very useful Android Central App while riding my mountain bike through the city of Portland, Oregon USA naked drinking a Cranberry/Vodka cocktail rocking out to a little Joe Satriani. buurrrp'.

JoniPiux

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello !
I have the same problem, the phone is always in a "boot loop" and keeps showing the start animation.
I tried what you suggested, volume down+power, but it shows only a red screen with the legend "welcome update" in small characters in the up left corner.
I have a CAT B10 cell phone which runs android gingerbread.
thanks

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello !
I have the same problem, the phone is always in a "boot loop" and keeps showing the start animation.
I tried what you suggested, volume down+power, but it shows only a red screen with the legend "welcome update" in small characters in the up left corner.
I have a CAT B10 cell phone which runs android gingerbread.
thanks

Welcome to the forums!
Recovery for Samsung Devices is Volume up and power. You can try that with yours.

LadyBlue64

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you know what Recovery is for my generic 7" tablet from China? Mine does not have a brand, but I remember in the settings screen under "About tablet" it said the model is "SoftwinerEvb", is running Android 4.0.4. It was working fine until I put it on the charger and left for a couple of hours, and when I came back it would not boot up completely. I've searched on the internet for the solution, and I keep seeing suggestions to hold the power button while holding the (some said Vol+ button, some said Vol- button) to boot into Recovery Mode. I have tried both methods, and neither work. After much hand-wringing and nail-biting over the idea of doing so, I took the cover off just to see what might be printed on the inside. I saw "Allwinner A13" on what appeared to be a processor chip, and "705-A13-V2.3(Q8)" engraved on the edge of the motherboard. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forums!
Recovery for Samsung Devices is Volume up and power. You can try that with yours.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what Recovery is for my generic 7" tablet from China? Mine does not have a brand, but I remember in the settings screen under "About tablet" it said the model is "SoftwinerEvb", is running Android 4.0.4. It was working fine until I put it on the charger and left for a couple of hours, and when I came back it would not boot up completely. I've searched on the internet for the solution, and I keep seeing suggestions to hold the power button while holding the (some said Vol+ button, some said Vol- button) to boot into Recovery Mode. I have tried both methods, and neither work. After much hand-wringing and nail-biting over the idea of doing so, I took the cover off just to see what might be printed on the inside. I saw "Allwinner A13" on what appeared to be a processor chip, and "705-A13-V2.3(Q8)" engraved on the edge of the motherboard. Any ideas?

I am going to be honest, I am not sure. What I Googled didn't result in much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital